Sunday 5 April 2009

My disgust at "The Barnet Tory Bugle"

This blog is rubbish. I'm not a journalist, I wasn't even allowed to do my English Literature O Level because I got such a poor mark in the mock. I don't have the time to do it properly and I can't cover half of the things I'd like to. Unlike our paid politicians I have to earn a living. My business is in the process of being redeveloped and expanded. We are moving our offices, shuffling stuff around. On top of that, we've just found a brilliant young singer and we're developing her career. I suspect that in two years she'll be a megastar. As well as that my eldest daughter is an Olympic swimming prospect. She's 13 and has to train 11 times a week and swims all over the Country to galas. On top of that I play football one or two times a week and take my son to Football and Gaelic Football.

So why do I bother with this blog? Quite simply because I am disgusted by the shoddy coverage of local politics by The Times group of papers. Click here to see their letters page. You'll see two letters supporting Anti Irish racist comments by a Barnet Councillor and an attack by a Tory Councillor on the opposition. There's a letter detailing how Mike Freer should stay. There is an anti Dismore letter from Matthew Offord, deputy leader of the Torys. The sole opposition letter is from Dismore refuting Offords claims.

The Times has not put a single letter about the opposition to sheltered housing warden cuts on its letters page. If you read the on line paper you'd think everyone in Barnet loved the Tories. Unless you are Andrew Dismore, they won't put your letter on their website. I used to do a blog for the Times. After I criticised Mike Freer I was told that he was off limits for a verbal duffing. After I detailed how Barnet Council posted a Nazi spouting nonsense on You Tube, they told me that my services were not required.

The reason - Because I may in future get a PCC complaint. You see they were psychic so could see what I was going to say. I wrote 61 blogs for them free of charge. I never even got a thanks for your efforts. I love Dennis Signy's blog and Jack Cohens is OK. I know for a fact that when I did my blog it was by far the most read. Since I've been on blogspot, I get about 10 times more hits.

Until the Times grows some cojones, stops censoring opposition letters and gets its act together, you'll have to suffer my completely dyslexic, rubbish offerings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that the Barnet Bugle is rather a fetching name....