Tuesday 14 April 2009

Is David Camerons embarrassing sexual problem only a spot of bother for Gordon?

What were they thinking about? How stupid could someone be? I am starting to think Gordon Brown may be a lucky PM after all. You might think that this is a completely stupid thing to say, in light of the McBride shenanigans, but think it through. The election won't be held for a year, by which time all of this will be forgotten. Had McBride and Draper not been exposed now, before there was a real trail back to Gordon, then he'd be in deep doo-doo. Even worse, had this pair of buffoons been running the campaign. You can just see the conversation going something like this.

GB: The Tories have jumped 5% points with their latest policy to cut the Tax on Diesel, what shall we do?

McBride: We'll spoof a picture of George Osborne snogging a Yak and post it on an anonymous blog.

Draper: Genius, Pure genius Damian.

Nothing could be clearer to me, Brown has got lucky. As I contemplated the issue, I thought to myself "What possible embarrassing sexual condition would actually put off voters in 2009?" I went through the vaguely believable possibilities. All the stress he's been under with his son, I'd guess that he'd get forgiven most things. I really don't think people care. It is fairly easy to find a blog with the details but I'm just not that interested, so I haven't even bothered looking. I doubt you are either. Unless he announced that he could only make love to his wife if she was wearing a Gordon Brown mask, I doubt it would even raise a titter. If that was the revelation and it was posted on an anonymous blog, who would care? A few juvenile lefties may snigger, but if any anonymous blogs changed the voting intentions of one person, I'd be amazed.

What these buffoons can't seem to grasp is that all of the effort they've spent making up this rubbish, they could have been doing something useful. I guess that in their case though, that would be drafting a letter of resignation and looking for a job where they could do less damage. I'd urge numpties up and down the land, looking to unleash rivers of foundationless bile at their political opponents via anonymous blogs to look long and hard at what has happened to this little scheme. You may not be as lucky as Brown and you may get exposed at a really bad time.

Whilst the Tory chattering class may think Brown is drinking in last chance saloon now, and can't get away with a cock up such as this again, I'm ot so sure. He has the chance to get a few competent advisors. Is it any wonder he's lurched from crisis to crisis with this mob? I actually wonder if they've been set up by a Labour insider who recogised their consumate lack of intelligence.

As it is the McBride & Draper, the undynamic comedy duo have given David Cameron a big boost and probably ensured Nadine Dorries will get a front bench job to boot this week. I do wonder if a part of David Cameron is secretly wishing the scheme had actually got off the ground. If this time next year, Brown is heading back to No 10, maybe Guido et all will be wishing they sat on their "victorious" scoop. I can't imagine any way Brown could find himself a worse pair of advisors.

No comments: