Monday 27 April 2009

The UK Hotline for reporting illegal website content


Those of you who read my blog detailing blog content I felt to be inciting the violent abuse of children will be aware that a reader felt I was just being humourless. Now I clearly felt that my comments were justified. I'm no expert on the subject, so I said that I'd refer it to the NSPCC and if they felt I was just being a po faced twat, then I'd donate £100 to whatever the author of the offending blog suggested. I reported that I would keep readers of this blog updated. I got the following response from the NSPCC :-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr Tichbourne

Thank you for taking the time to contact the NSPCC with concerns for children.
It has now been decided that it would be more appropriate to pass the concerns you have detailed on to the Internet Watch Foundation www.iwf.org.uk as oppossed to CEOP.

Thank You for contacting the NSPCC

Yours sincerely

Margaret Dooley
Assistant Children Service Manager
24 hr Helpline
NSPCC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would suggest that all readers of this blog bookmark www.iwf.org.uk, just in case you stumble upon inciteful or illegal content. If you are not sure, then refer. They are the experts and they do what is required. I feel that if the NSPCC feel strongly enough to refer this website, then my comments have been vindicated. I hope that the author of the offending blog pauses for thought and removes it. I am sure he can be funny without inciting violence against children, if he puts his mind to it.

No comments: