Tuesday 23 June 2009

The Boris Johnson Deputy Mayor and helpers banquet


Dear Rog T,

One of my Deputy Mayor's, Mr Ian Clement was in the process of arranging a banquet for my deputy mayors and other helpers and supporters, to celebrate a year of achievements for the Mayor and his wonderful team. He was in the process of researching suitable establishments with one of my rather lovely helpers, when a terrible mix up occurred regarding his expenses. It seems that rather like your good self, he's a touch dyslexic and sadly misspelt the name Claire Dowson on some paperwork. Sadly, he can't organise the doo, so I was wondering if, as you follow the eating habits of my team so closely, whether you could suggest a menu and a venue?

Yours sincerely

Boris Johnson,

Mayor of London.


Dear Boris,

I would be most happy to help. Here is the menu :-

Canapies:

Marmite Soldiers

Starter:

Red Herrings with Pork Pies


Main Course:

Toad in the Hole

Vegetables:

Leeks with the essence of sour grape


Dessert:

Lashings of Waffle.

As to the venue. I believe that "The Case is Altered" is a pretty cool venue

As Ever,

Rog T

P.S. Sadly I won't be able to make it, but give my regards to our beloved Council Leader Mike Freer and Mayor Brian Coleman. Please remind them to update their gifts and hospitality register. You really can get caught out if you make mistakes on your paperwork in public life. Especially with all of these awful, awful bloggers about !

No comments: