Friday 26 June 2009

Michael Jackson RIP


Just saw the news that Michael Jackson has passed away. This is truly a shock. I loved the Jackson 5 when I was about 10 years old. You either liked the Osmonds or the Jackson 5. The Jacksons seemed cooler, hipper and the songs rocked. It is such a shame that he seemed to lose his hold on reality & that he never really seemed happy. There were lots of aspects of his life which were extremely disturbing. I am sure all sorts of revelations are likely to come out now and many a fast buck will be made. I wish that my memories of him were of that kid singing Rockin Robin of Top of the Pops.

I hope that wherever he is, he's at peace now.

For anyone tempted to push their children into showbiz, Michael Jackson is surely a cautionary tale.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, me too. I adored Michael Jackson and had his poster inside my schooldesk when I was 10. I disliked what he became however, and the music definitely went downhill with him.

Another sad passing yesterday - RIP Farrah Fawcett, my favourite of Charlie's Angels (also when I was about 10) who lost her long battle with cancer.

Don't Call Me Dave said...

At the risk of seeming cynical, given that there will be such intense media debate about Michael Jackson over the next few days, what are the odds that the government will use the opportunity to slip out bad news in the hope that we won’t notice?

The Original New York City Free Advice Man said...

You might find my Obit to MJ, The Little Prince of Pop, interesting:

http://theoriginalnycfreeadviceman.blogspot.com/

Let me know what you think.

JP