Monday 7 December 2009

Brian Coleman - two sides to every story


Christmas is coming. It's a time of charity and goodwill.I thought I'd do a little feature on Mayor of Barnet, Brian Coleman and try and give a bit of balance. Brian is a unique character. He fell out with his then boss, Council Leader Mike Freer for describing him as "The Marmite Mayor" - you love him or you hate him.

If you love him, you'd probably describe him LIKE THIS (From The Hendon Conservatives website)



If you hate him, you'd describe him LIKE THIS (Mr Toads WEBSITE)

I suppose that if you are being impartial, you'd describe him LIKE THIS (WIKIPEDIA)

He has his own video, made by specially for him by a former Barnet Tory Bigwig

In his own words, he believes in the concept of public service

But  he has an appetite unsurpassed at the GLA  and he also gets around a bit 

I used to have a strong dislike of Mayor Coleman, then I got a letter telling me of how he was mercilessly teased and bullied at school.Now I just see him as a classic example of why schools should have a zero tolerance policy to bullying. I now see his outbursts as him lashing out at the schoolyard bullies who he was too scared to hit back at in the playground.It's all a bit sad really
.

No comments: