Wednesday 2 December 2009

Jack Cohen spills the beans on the next Mill Hill Lib Dem Councillor


Bumped into Lib Dem leader Jack Cohen, on his way home from the Barnet FC match last night. Jack seemed to be in a rather jovial mood.When I asked him why, he said that he was rather pleased because the Lib Dems had just completed the initial phase of selecting their candidates for the next council elections in May. Who may these candidates be, I enquired. Jack teasingly replied "We have some really strong candidates and the Tories will be rather worried when they hear". Oh come on Jack, I pushed. You know that the Barnet Eye is the sole of discretion. Jack laughed He said "That's funny, Hugh Rayner (The Tory Deputy Mayor) asked me exactly the same thing". Jack continued "He nearly had a heart attack when I told him". I pressed "Jack, if you told Hugh, surely you can tell me". Jack continued. "I told him that it's John". I was puzzled "John who". Jack went on "John Hart (currently a Mill Hill Tory)". I was amazed, John Hart is a dyed in the wool, true blue. "John Hart has defected to the Liberal Democrats?"  - I know the Tories are a shambles, but this really was a scoop of gargantuan proportions.  "No, of course he hasn't, I was just winding Hugh up, his face was a picture". Jack then went on to tell me about a huge scandal concerning Hendon Football Clubs former ground in Claremont Road, which he was rather keen for me to write a blog about, but to be honest, his wind up of Hugh Rayner was far funnier. Oh and Barnet drew 1-1 with Bournemouth. I'm trying to persuade Jack to be the Barnet Eye football correspondent, but I think he's too busy winding up our local Tories to fit it in. (pictured above - Councillor John Hart)

No comments: