Sunday 13 December 2009

Tony Pulis and the goal of the season

Did you see Figueroa's goal for Wigan against Stoke City yesterday? Goal of the season, if not the decade. Wigan were awarded a free kick inside their own half and Figueroa spotted that Sorensen, Stoke City's keeper was off his line and took a quick free kick which sailed over his head into the far corner of the net. Outrageous skill. I think it was best summed up by Stoke City's manager, Tony Pulis, who when asked said "I just can't wait to see it again". That was a refreshing change from the usual moaning and groaning we get from managers and coaches. I'm off to watch my son play for Watling FC under 10's now. When footballers behave badly, you often see it copied on the field of play by the kids. I hope some of them copy Figueroa's exquisite skills today. I especially hope that they are playing for Watling FC

No comments: