Friday 18 December 2009

The Barnet Eye weekly round up




First off,
Just a quick few highlights of my week  :-


Last Friday, I was out with the boys from our Thursday Night footie crowd for Bowling in Finchley, followed by a nice Italian meal at ASK  (and a not so nice hangover)
Saturday we went around to some friends to polish off the leftovers of their rather tasty Chanukah dinner and quaff a few more tinnies.
Sunday, I was up early to watch my Boy play football for Watling Under 10's at Burnt Oak Leisure Centre. One of the boys scored a goal just like the one for Wigan Vs Sunderland, which all the parents of both teams (congrats to Total Football Academy for their sportsmanship) applauded. In the evening off out for our Sunday Football Crew night out at the Three Hammers. Another late night and another hangover.
Monday, it was down to the Blue Posts in Newman Street to meet an old boss of mine (now long retired and spending his life on the Golf Course) and a few old cronies for a few beers and to plan our annual reunion drink in January.
Tuesday, I finished a work assignment I'd been working on for a while. Went up to All Bar One near St Pauls and bought them all a drink. Bumped into someone most unexpectedly, who I was most pleased to see and had a very interesting chat.
Wednesday - Band night. Had a jam with the boys and once reaffirmed what a great band we are. IT also reaffirmed how lucky I am to play music with such talented individuals.
Thursday - Watched my boy in his school's Xmas Carol Concert, then played 5 a side in the freezing snow. Not for the feint hearted. Heard all the gossip up at the pub afterwards.
Today. Did some recording. Found out I could make my guitar sound just like a trumpet with Fil's Boss effects pedal. Absolute result. Great effect for the current project. Off out for a curry with my beloved tonight.



In between did lots of work, wrote lots of blogs, drove lots of kids to football, swimming, school, etc



I was out canvassing for the Lib Dems on Saturday in Mill Hill Broadway and someone said to me "You politicians are all the same, you only come out just before the election. You aren't like normal people, just obsessed with politics and stuff." I asked him to read this blog on next Friday evening (Today) and I'd list what I'd been up to during the week, so he could judge whether I was purely obsessed with politics. He promised he would. I said "You can see when I started the blog and what I've had to say. Decide then whether I only say anything just before the election.Once you've had a look, drop me an email and tell me what you think". I'm not obsessed with politics at all, I just want the best for my family and my friends. I'd far rather talk about football or music. I just feel I have to do something because Barnet is in a mess.
On the subject of the blog. I thought I'd give anyone who is interested a few stats about the blog and what people have been looking at and what they've been looking for on it.

Here's the top 10 blogs at the Barnet Eye this week


1 -http://barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/11/12-stds-of-christmas.html
2- http://barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/12/barnet-councils-latest-punt-with-your.html
3 - http://barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/07/john-prescott.html
4 - http://barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/12/barnets-new-road-supremo-count-dracula.html
5 - http://barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/12/barnet-council-scandal-barnet-councils.html
6 - http://barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/07/great-britain-will-join-euro-within-5.html
7 - http://barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/03/5-songs-that-make-me-miserable.html
8 - http://barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/10/strange-lonely-and-troubling-death.html
9 -http://barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/12/hallelujah.html
10 - http://barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/12/hot-press-bbc-reports-barnet-council.html
 

Lots of our friends across the USA are interested in catching STD's at Christmas.That is far and away the most popular global story we've ever posted. Rather sadly in at no 8  was the piece about Steven Gatelys death. For a blog that has had a massive number of hits since it was posted in October, I've not really had any feedback so I'm not sure what people thought about my comments. 




Now here's the top 10 Google searches people used to find the site

1 - rog t
2 - barnet eye
3 - lynne hillan
4 - christmas gave me std
5 - 12 stds of christmas
6 - first crapital
7 - mike freer private eye
8 - barnet council + star
9 - . dinner register
10 - moir lockhead

Now usually the list is fairly predictable. I'm rather intrigued by no 7. This implies that there is a rumour Mike Freer is gracing the pages of Private Eye yet again. With here ascent to Leader of Barnet Council, Lynne Hillan has managed to become the third most popular google search to find the Barnet Eye. In at no 10 is Moir Lockhead, managing director of First group, who run the Thameslink Service.Interestingly not many people found the blog looking for First Capital Connect, but lots of you were looking for First Crapital Connect. As ever the Dinner registers are popular

The map at the top is where this weeks hits came from. None from my rellies in Austrialia this week.


 Since February when I started keeping stats I've had a truly astounding number of hits for a blog which is mostly about stuff in a leafy suburb of Barnet. Thanks for keeping on visiting

No comments: