1. Our local Pub Champion, Superfast72 has found another landmark pub that is being disembowelled. I was especially sad to see this as The False Dots were the house band there for a while back in 1984! When will it all stop?
Within the space of 5 years The Bald Faced Stag in Burnt Oak has been allowed to deteriorate. Where was @BarnetCouncil whilst this happened? What was the plan?@Barneteye @BrokenBarnet @ReasonableNB @ProtectPubs #pubs #crapita pic.twitter.com/PAbSDYJSn3— Mark Amies (@Superfast72) October 20, 2018
2. Like a bit of quality Jazz? Checkout the Mill Hill Jazz club
24 Oct - Nick Costley-White Quartet - Nick is fast becoming one of the most in demand guitarists on the UK jazz scene. The quartet features Nick guitar, Matt Robinson on piano, Conor Chaplin on double bass and Dave Hamblett on drums. Please RT. pic.twitter.com/dtqiPEEfD4— Mill Hill Jazz Club (@millhilljazz) October 21, 2018
3. We are sorry to see the plague of flytipping around the Borough continues unabated
Yet again we have flytipping at the end of Goodwyn Anenue NW7. When will @BarnetCouncil start taking proper enforcement action against commercial fly tippers? This spot has become an unofficial dump pic.twitter.com/ms8e17skCG— A Better Mill Hill (@ABetterMillHill) October 15, 2018
4. The Scouts of 2nd Edgware have been enjoying the activities at the Barnet Scouts Jotajoti! Sounds like fun
First morning of @BarnetScouts #jotajoti done! The Cubs and Beavers enjoyed talking over radios in a treasure hunt, chatting and video calling international Scouts, making Morse code bracelets and learning sign language.— 2nd Edgware Scouts (@2ndEdgwareScout) October 20, 2018
#Scouts #JOTA #JOTI #BSL #SignLanguage #communication pic.twitter.com/55lu1muxqy
5. This is the sort of tweet we love at the Barnet Eye
A little piece of my childhood. The auto shop is long gone, but the mural is still here. For extra vintage, look at the prefix for the telephone number on the sign above. #Colindale pic.twitter.com/CznyyV6bjq— Paul Regan (@PaulReganMagic) October 20, 2018
6. Nice to see a tweet from inside the soon to be demolished Hendon Hall Hotel. Yet another Landmark we'll be losing
7.We've been celebrating One World Week in style in Finchley this week
An encouraging afternoon with a multicultural crowd celebrating 40 years of One World Week in Finchley. All even decent enough not to walk out at my take on "What's So Funny 'Bout Peace, Love And Understanding?" pic.twitter.com/6X4LibjYBF— Aidan Radnedge (@aidanrad) October 20, 2018
8. Did you know that Barnet FC have attracted the interest of none other than Dr Who!
Barnet FC have made an appearance in Doctor Who 🐝🐝🐝@BarnetFC— Daniele Accurso 📝🎙📻💻 (@AccursoDaniele) October 21, 2018
Book is called ‘The Shining Man’ by Cavan Scott, brilliant book with continual twists. Based on Capaldi’s Doctor with Mackie’s Bill.
Have Barnet appeared in other novels, films, shows that you wouldn’t expect? pic.twitter.com/pL5sj5lwGI
9. Are you a successful businesswoman looking to share ideas and network with other successful businesswomen? This may be of interest to you
Looking forward to tomorrow? A mingling of like minded #womeninbusiness. It's not too late to book - join us. @FSBNorthLondon Buzzing Business Club, Mon 22 October from 6pm at Cafe Buzz— FSB Greater London (@FSBGtrLondon) October 20, 2018
783 High Road N12 8JY
All welcome.@FSBwomen@BuzzingHelen https://t.co/OOezHD7POK pic.twitter.com/pG6lIKpQri
10. The Changing face of Rock and Roll music!
That's all folks!