So how has your week been? We hope that after a long cold winter, the new found freedoms have brought you some fun. But the burning question I'm sure you've all been asking is "What have our Tweeters been up to?" Here is our selection of the best.
1. Lets start in Edgware. Mark Amies has been campaigning to Save the Railway Hotel in Edgware for many years. He's been keeping an eye on it and has kept it in the public eye. We've been supporting him all of the way
Developments at #RailwayHotelEdgware- a sign has gone up advertising the letting of land at the rear, and the old off sales shop space is being worked on.@Barneteye @HistoricEngland @C20Society @PubsSaving @ProtectPubs @BarnetPost pic.twitter.com/rGnfjkgmnx— Mark Amies (@Superfast72) July 24, 2021
2. Natalie Miranda is one of our very best local singers. We suspect that if you didn't nip down to Lodge Lane at 1pm today to see her for free, you've missed out on a fantastic show.
3. Fancy sampling a little bit of Brazil? In Finchley?
Kicking off Sunday with a trip to Padoca, a little bit of São Paulo in, erm, Finchley. Tried my first carolina. It was good. Gets a thumbs up. pic.twitter.com/whZwew0jZQ— Gary Michael Perry (@garymichael02) July 25, 2021
4. A date for your diary
Join us for the #PickItBagItBinItBarnet campaign at #MontrosePlayingFields & #SilkstreamPark on Sunday 27 June 11am - 1pm Meeting point: #UnitasYouthZone HA8 0DT Equipment provided #Silkstream #communitycleanup 🌍🌳#BurntOak #Colindale #Barnet pic.twitter.com/0MMO3GOwvJ— Friends of the Silk Stream (@silkstreamers) June 21, 2021
5. Donald's marrow's have brought him a bevvy of admirers. A way to go this year this year though
As I missed a couple of days, I was presented with courgettes number 19 to 22, with the next ten well on the way!— Donald Lyven (@barnet_rebel) July 22, 2021
My first pumpkin is set & hopefully will be ready for Halloween 🎃 & this mystery squash is shaping up well;
& I've eaten the first few of this season's blackberries! pic.twitter.com/m5X3ZrJh2w
6. Totteridge Long ponds are one of our most loved local landmarks
7. Nice update on the work at the Stonex Stadium from Inside Mill Hill
Construction work is well underway for the new stand at the StoneX Stadium in Copthall, amazing how quickly it’s going up@StoneX_Official @Saracens @sarriessupport @RugbySaracens pic.twitter.com/13ItuJ2TZr— Inside Mill Hill (@InsideMillHill) July 24, 2021
8. This was one of my favourite special meal deals ever. We loved the Day of the Raj. We are lucky that we've still got the excellent Mill Hill Tandoori for our Friday night dinner!
9. Why not help your local group looking after our waterways!
10. And finally, we commemorated one of our own
Amazing tracks with @ClairaHermet doing an #Amy Fourfer on the @RobertElms show. #RIPAmy she was always a joy to be around at the studios. Brilliant artist but a good laugh as well. We miss her pic.twitter.com/MSZTMJ87H3— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) July 23, 2021
That's all folks!