So how has your week been? Mine has been pretty good. Nice curry in Aldgate yesterday (as mentioned yesterday), five a side at Powerleague on Thursday, a classic game! On Friday had a nice curry in Mill Hill and a couple of beers at The Services club with my old mate Boz Boorer. Yesterday, it was up to Brickfield Lane for football at Hadley FC for a very enthralling game of footie and today it's off to The Pizza Express for a Jazz lunch with Ian Shaw and Joe Stilgoe. Oh yeah, made a little video for the Save London Music Campaign as well, Please have a shufti. It's at the bottom of the page
But that's enough about me, what have Barnet's Twitteratti been up to? Here for your delectation, is my selection of the best tweets.
1. Lets start with a follow up to one of last weeks tweets of the week. This was fascinating and hats off to the Mill Hill Historical Society for amazing slueth work
A few clues here, sounds more like it was a field rather than a park so probably built over now.— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) January 24, 2022
Near Hall Farm, Edgware and Brookside, Burnt Oak though I don't know exactly where they are so the mystery deepens! pic.twitter.com/2wbpD1vh2a
2. This has to be the most hilarious tweet of the week. My Father in law did the same thing with my sister in law!
I once forgot my daughter when we went out for the first time. It was at a shop in Burnt Oak where I knew the staff. One was holding Sacha. I paid for my stuff and was walking out.— Lorraine King (@lorrainemking) January 30, 2022
It's only when she asked me if I'd forgotten anything that I remembered🤭https://t.co/utMjiQCtQi
3. Hats off to these fine people!
They’ve got HOLLYWOOD we’ve got CRICKLEWOOD 👇 pic.twitter.com/SbEJH4svTY— Steven Hutchinson (@hutch__man) January 28, 2022
5. Can anyone throw any light on the Cricklewood chipmunk uprising?
STEPHEN LANG - KILL-KILL WOOD— The BHF Book of Horror Stories (@BHF_books) January 23, 2022
Whimsical account of the 1978 chipmunk uprising in Cricklewood as witnessed by a disillusioned BBC video librarian (and his pushy mum)... pic.twitter.com/YB5F66nd1A
6. Love a good Ford Capri. My Dad had a souped up three litre Mk1 Capri, with a fancy paint job and a go faster stripe!
7. This is pretty damn good. Wish I'd know this was on
8. Always love a tweet with a handsome doggy in, especially if it's promoting something wonderful
He doesn't want you to miss out on our Big Fun Walk 2022 early bird rate. Offer ends on Monday! Join us on May 1 for a wonderful walk from East Finchley to Westminster while taking in London's most beautiful vistas. 💚🐶🌳🚶♂️ https://t.co/c4XqmYzuRn #patientcare #walking pic.twitter.com/AVWBZagQqR— North London Hospice (@NLondonHospice) January 28, 2022
9. Why not indeed?
10. A date for your diary, watch this space
We are excited to announce that the 14th Mill Hill Music Festival will take place in June 2022 - more information and dates will be released soon. Check back here for more info or the website at https://t.co/moz8pzFC84 pic.twitter.com/NhFxVzKkws— Mill Hill Music Fest (@millhillfest) January 27, 2022
Please have a look at this if you've got a minute and read this from The George Tavern in Shadwell.