Friday 4 November 2022

The Friday Joke - 4th November 2022 - Don't be scared of a finger up your......

Times change. What used to be funny in the 1970's is now a criminal activity. We see policemen sacked for sharing jokes that in 1970, Bernard Manning would be cracking every night on television. I saw a couple of comedians this week, I was with my wife and some friends. The quality of the jokes was really rather retro. The girls in our party were none too impressed. One of the jokes, the comedian picked on a woman in the audience and said "You with the glasses, I've always dreamed of kissing a pretty girl with glasses on, can you pass them to that girl behind you". I guess that in 1970 we'd have all gauffawed, but they were not at all impressed. To be honest, I felt that the act was very dated and not particularly clever or funny. Now I don't normally use this feature to make such points, but I can't think of a single joke that either of them told that I felt worth repeating here. 

Anyway, rant over. As most of you know, I play in a band called The False Dots. We like to think we make songs that have a bit of humour in them, whilst sometimes tackling difficult subjects. As you may also be aware, I am living with prostate cancer. I am on a mission to get people to get checked. If you catch prostate cancer early, your options for treatment are far better. So we wrote a song. It's a humourous little bluesy number called "Don't be scared of a finger up your bum". It tells my story and I hope you like it. If you don't, I hope you still get the message and get checked. And if you are not male, then get screened for breast cancer, because the rules are the same, catch it early and you are in a far better position.

I'd love to make a video of this song, if anyone has a good clinicn we could use as a location.

No comments: