Sunday 1 March 2009

Barnet Eye weekly round up

A few blogs to check out (or not ***)
There is a great blog on Barnet Council Watch today about Leo Boland's leaving do,a sking the question - who is paying? Is it the Mayor or is it the Taxpayer?

Another thing which will interest the statto's out there is the Iain Dale blog talking about how many hits he's been getting. Iain is probably the number one Tory blogger and he's pretty established (Given that I've only been on Blogspot since October and the blog is mostly about Barnet and London, I must say I'm certainly pleased wih my number of hits).

Tory Troll does a great blog on Brian Coleman's latest round of excesses. It's a fairly left leaning blog.

GLA Tory Roger Evans CITY HALL blog has an interesting round up of business at GLA members question time.

*** Probably the most revolting Blog entry I've seen this week was BNP blogger Simon Darby. Avoid this with food). He has a load of pictures of a World War II themed fund raising event. The irony of the fact that the whole point of the second world war was to defeat Nazi and Fascist ideology seems to have missed the BNP. I know quite a few vets and none of them support the BNP. The ones I know would find this shameful and disgusting. My dear old dad who was a bomber pilot would have probably thrown a Mills bomb in there had he still been around.

Lastly a blog I usually give a wide berth to, but I thought it deserved a comment. Guido Fawkes comments on the Jonah like effect his visits have to sporting teams. Now I would have thought that as a Scotsman, this would soon be picked up on in his Bonny homeland and the more England games he goes to the more votes he'll get. I suspect that this may be the reason for the resurgence of Labour in SNP seats.

Anyway I hope you've all had a lovely weekend and have a great week.

P.S - I thought I'd just mention a slight change of policy. I used to studiously avoid linking to BNP supporting sites, but I've come to the conclusion that the more people see what the numpties are really like, the better. I trust anyone reading this blog to be intelligent enough to form their own views. The more I see of their blogs, the more delusional it seems they are.

No comments: