Monday 13 July 2009

Dear Brian .......

From : David Cameron, Leader of the Conservative Party

To : Brian Coleman GLA, Mayor of Barnet

Dear Brian,

As you know, there will be a general election next year. Since taking over as Leader of the Conservative Party, I've worked tirelessly to try and transform the Conservative Party into a party fit for the 21st Century. Whilst the Conservative Party is a broad church, in this day and age, it is vital for the party to be seen as open, honest and transparent in all of it's dealings with the public.

The days have gone forever where politicians can treat the public with disdain. We owe it to the people who place their faith in us with their votes and their support, to deliver value for money and transparency in return. Your failure to willingly declare your GLA expenses and your comments about the public not being entitled to know how you spend your money are not compatible with the standards I wish to set as Leader of the Conservative Party.

I have reviewed your various expense claims and as these are so monstrously inflated compared to the rest of the Conservative GLA members, I can only conclude that you are giving your colleagues a bad name, in many cases most unfairly.

Whilst I am in no position to force local constituency organisations to deselect candidates and whilst it is up to Boris to select who he pleases as head of the London emergency services, I can no longer stand by and see you drag the name of the Conservative party through the mud. I am asking you, for the sake of the people of Barnet, the people of London and the Conservative Party to resign.

Yours Sincerely

David Cameron

P.S I read the Barnet Eye and I think Rog T is great. I just wish he was a Tory !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case you hadn't guessed, David Cameron didn't write this letter. I believe he should, that's why I drafted it for him. Do you think there is anything in it he'd disagree with?

No comments: