Friday 14 February 2020

The Friday Joke - Happy Valentines Day

Flintstones copyright  20th Television and Warner Bros
It's Valentines day, so be like Fred, spoil the one you love! I think it's quite interesting how our idea of what is socially acceptable has changed, I wonder how many of you will be saying to your beau "Put your feet up, have a gin and tonic and a ciggie and I'll do the dishes".

I was giving this a moments thought, today it is flowers, chocolates and takeaway from Deliveroo (other services are available) that seems to the way to celebrate Valentines day.

In our home when I was a kid, it was a big bunch of flowers, my Dad would bring a big bag of steak home and my mum would cook it. Then they would settle down, knock back a few bottles of Guinness, smoke a couple of packs of ciggies and watch the Morecombe and Wise show, or whatever the BBC served up for us.  I always associated a big, juicy steak with the day, which became awkward when I married Clare as she's a non meat eater. Anyway, enough of that, here's the joke!

My favourite Valentines joke?

A guy walks into a post office one day to see a middle-aged, balding man standing at the counter methodically placing “Love” stamps on bright pink envelopes with hearts all over them. He then takes out a perfume bottle and starts spraying scent all over them. His curiosity getting the better of him, he goes up to the balding man and asks him what he is doing. The man says, “I’m sending out one thousand Valentine cards signed, ‘Guess who?'” “But why?” asks the man.
“I’m a divorce lawyer,” the man said.

And my favourite Valentines day song? Has to be New Rose by The Damned!

No comments: