Are you looking forward to the grand reopening of pubs tomorrow* (* conditions may apply)? Personally, I might just have a quiet night in. Can't have too much excitment! As we await this big moment, you may ask what our wonderful Tweeters have been up to. Wonder no more. There has been some excellent Tweeting this week! Luckily in the Borough of Barnet, whilst we do get the odd outbreak of whelk brained nonsense of Twitter, most of what I see is top notch!
1. We start with one of our top local heroes getting some of the recognition they thoroughly deserve. Congratulations to Romel and the team!
We been doing the giving back for a very very long time! We accept this award on behalf of the whole Mill Hill Community. #covidhero #civicaward @BarnetPost @InsideMillHill @InsideEdgware @BarnetCouncil @times_series @Bwood_Times @Barneteye @Offord4Hendon @Andrew_Dismore pic.twitter.com/OtSgp9OhzH— Day Of The Raj (@dayoftheraj) April 10, 2021
2. Onto another one of our community favourites, Mr Mark Amies, BBC London's Industrial Heritage contributor and local pub Champion, with an update on the campaign to save the Railway Hotel in Edgware
3. This is an absolutely wonderful tweet from our unofficial local wildlife correspondent. I've walked the Valley many times and never seen one!
Normally when I see a Weasel it's just a quick glimpse as one dashes across the path. Today I was lucky enough to watch this one for nearly 5 minutes as it ventured through the undergrowth in Totteridge. This is by far the best views I have had. An absolutely surreal experience!! pic.twitter.com/9OCW1BYRWz— Samuel Levy (@FinchleyBirder) April 2, 2021
4. And another great sunset picture from Mark Warren at the @InsideMillHill account
Wonderful sunset this evening over Mill Hill, strange weather day! pic.twitter.com/2hg6uqyVJD— Inside Mill Hill (@InsideMillHill) April 5, 2021
5. Fancy watching our local team in action in the FA Vase next Saturday. This should be a great game
Live stream for the FA Vase game confirmed! https://t.co/U2zuJ77bgw— Hadley FC (@hadleyfc) April 6, 2021
6. And whilst we are doing football, a nice tribute to HRH Prince Phillip RIP from the boys at @EdgwareTownFc
'The Wares' observing the minutes silence for HRH The Duke of Edinburgh yesterday at Silver Jubilee Park in our friendly with Oxhey Jets— Edgware Town FC (@EdgwareTownFC) April 11, 2021
Photo courtesy of Oxhey Jets pic.twitter.com/78oo0GhX2b
7. A great picture from one of our finest local singers
Band vibzzzzz! Flashback 2 last Saturday & it was Thunderbirds Are Go! Sooo good 2 meet up & have a FUN socially distanced rehearsal @MillHillMusicCo I was buzzing on a natural high from da good vibz from a previous gig that afternoon! Dan guitar, Paul bass, Sista Mel drums 🙏🏾😘 pic.twitter.com/WzGplBSfAj— Angie A (@1angiea) April 10, 2021
8. Hat's off to these amazing local citizens
Mikhael’s group tackled the shoreline. A small but powerful team 💪🏼— Friends of the Welsh Harp (@welshharpies) April 10, 2021
They picked cans, bottles, shredded plastic and a huge number of bottle caps. Plus two knives.
That’s 30 fewer bags of plastic in the stomachs of birds and animals that live at the Welsh Harp. #cleantheharp pic.twitter.com/Ic7JyIOWzt
9. St Pauls are just one of dozens of local churches, synagogues, mosques and other community groups doing great work. A big thank you to all of them
Do you know of anyone who is struggling to cope at moment? This free, confidential 24/7, mental health support via texting NEIGHBOUR to 85258 might be just what they need. @RossSHouston @anne_clarke @stephenshouse @BrokenBarnet @Barneteye @JuliaHines @BallardsLane @BuzzingHelen https://t.co/0mqm6xthF5— St Paul’s Finchley (@StPaulsFinchley) March 24, 2021
10. Nice to see our friends at Mill Hill Golf club swanning around again!
swan on the 12th green! pic.twitter.com/QIUovvY9lt— Mill Hill Golf Club (@millhillgolf) April 10, 2021
That's all folks!