Friday 11 June 2021

The Friday Joke - Football in Heaven

For those of us who like a bit of Footie, the excitement is building with the start of the Euro 2020 Championships (only a year late), I thought I'd tell my favourite football joke.

Bert and Stan, are sitting on a park bench feeding pigeons and talking about Football. Bert turns to Stan and asks, "Do you think there's Football in Heaven?"

Stan thinks about it for a minute and replies, "I dunno. But let's make a deal -- if I die first, I'll come back and tell you if there's Football in Heaven, and if you die first, you do the same."
They shake on it and sadly, a few months later, Bert gets hit by a bus outside TESCO's and passes on. 

Soon afterward, Stan sits in the park feeding the pigeons by himself and hears a voice whisper, "Stan... Stan... ."
Stan responds, "Bert! Is that you?"
"Yes it is, Stan," whispers Bert's ghost.
Stan, still amazed, asks, "So, is there Football in Heaven?"
"Well," says Bert, "I've got good news and bad news."
"Gimme the good news first," says Stan.
Bert says, "Well, there is Football in Heaven."
Stan says, "That's great! What news could be bad enough to ruin that?"
Bert sighs and whispers, "You're in goal on Friday
Have a great weekend!

No comments: