It has been an appalling week. Possibly the worst since I started writing this blog. I try and keep this feature light hearted and agonised over the content this week. Sometimes we need reminding of the good things in the world.
1 For me, this tweet ticks all of the boxes. Wonderful tweeting
Charlie Watts, legendary drummer of the Rolling Stones playing with the Jo Jones Seven at the Masons Arms, Edgware, 1959 where they played weekly— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) February 26, 2022
Watts grew up in nearby Kingsbury
Found via "Burnt Oak, Edgware, Mill Hill & Stanmore Local History" on FBhttps://t.co/g2wg0pvxOb pic.twitter.com/rr3DYWPCCu
2. As ever we support Mark Amies and his campaign to Save The Railway Hotel in Edgware
@BarnetCouncil @HistoricEngland Your regular reminder that you are ignoring & neglecting your responsibilities with regard to the Grade 2 Listed #RailwayHotelEdgware. Windows open since November, missing glass, flytipping, vandalism.@anne_clarke @BarnetLabour #localelections pic.twitter.com/JdMW8xrbZv— Mark Amies (@Superfast72) February 26, 2022
3. A nice bit of Cricklewood history from one of London's finest bloggers
Vintage image of London - Cricklewood Broadway pic.twitter.com/ku7JbSa1f3— ianVisits (@ianvisits) February 21, 2022
4. I wish I'd been old enough to go to see dog racing at Hendon dogtrack. It holds far more fascination than Brent Cross shopping centre ever has, for me personally
Hendon Art-Deco through and through https://t.co/P8IwxSJ0Bh— Skaneboi (@skaneboi) February 25, 2022
5. A new account for this feature. I love this picture
Love the pattern of this housing. Looking up Pennine Drive, Golders Green Estate NW2 pic.twitter.com/PbJAs2bjUT— Jason Hawkes (@jasonhawkesphot) February 25, 2022
6. Another new account to us. I am intrigued by this tweet
Just found what looks like a banksy hidden in a small parking lot of North Finchley, London. How appropriate is this considering what's happening in the world right now.— Meru (@MeruNotBebushu) February 25, 2022
.#banksy #banksyart #russia #ukraine #war #peace #stopwar #art #RussiaUkraine #russianinvasion pic.twitter.com/1X0dxDdCoZ
7. I was gutted that I couldn't make it to watch the finest team in the Borough of Barnet yesterday, was at a friends daughters Baptism. Luckily, I kept in touch via Twitter. Here was the pick of the goals. Well done to Hadley on another superb 3-1 victory
65’ GOAL We finally get the big second goal, Jordan Edwards makes it 2-0— Hadley FC (@hadleyfc) February 26, 2022
HAD 2-0 AVD pic.twitter.com/3MinEPttzp
8. And great to see Blakeys Patio open at our favourite Rugby club
🟫🟨🟫🟨🟫🟨🟫🟨🟫— Mill Hill Rugby Club (@MillHillRFC) February 26, 2022
Blackey's Patio is officially open
Gone, but never forgotten.
Mill Hill Family Forever.
9. Looks like our friends at A Better Mill Hill are thirsty and a tad disappointed!
Not NW7 😟 https://t.co/IeQjSpCH8G— A Better Mill Hill 🔸🌈🇬🇧🇪🇺 (@ABetterMillHill) February 23, 2022
10. Amusing tales of studio booking cancellations
We love this tweet. It always used to be that if a band cancelled and wanted a refund, it was because "The Drummers Grandma has just died". The best one was where they didn't tell the drummer they'd cancelled and he turned up and had to pay for the session. https://t.co/mPxqomSpP1— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) February 25, 2022
Lets hope and pray that next week is a better week than last week.
Post a Comment