Sunday has come around rather quickly. I've had a mad week. I had three gigs in three days. Thursday was a rather good tribute to Stevie Wonder at Crazy Coqs, Friday was the very excellent Brit Funk Association at the 100 Club (a real toe tapping evening) and last night was the Silencerz at the Bull Arts Centre in Barnet, a great evening. On top of that I went to Wealdstone FC v Wrexham yesterday. Wealdstone are based in Ruislip. I was delighted to find this just around the corner from the ground. I really miss the one in Mill Hill!
That's enough of my week, how was your week? This is what the local tweeters have been up to, for your delectation
1. If you care about your community and our local waterways, here's a date for your diary - 26th February - click the link for more details
Live in #Edgware or #BurntOak? Come to our co-design workshop to have your say about how to improve Watling Park and Chandos Park for the community and the environment. A great project in conjunction with @harrow_council & @BarnetCouncil. Get involved! https://t.co/ezYXr4L0Ep pic.twitter.com/wPOhvlU8sh— Thames21 (@Thames21) February 14, 2022
2. Another date for your diary in Cricklewood this time
27th Feb 2-4pm at Childs Hill Library, NW2 2QE are organising a free Seed Swap. Will be swapping seeds (plants welcome too), stories and talking plans for the community— NW2 Res Association (@NW2_RA) February 16, 2022
Everyone is welcome (even if you don't have any seeds to bring)! pic.twitter.com/p8QUPXbchU
3. I could have filled the item up with storm shots and damage. This was one of the reasons Thameslink was disrupted
Normally a 105 MPH stretch of track , Why 'Blanket Speed Restrictions' (50 MPH) are applied - storm #Eunice damage at #Hendon #Thameslink Friday afternoon NO INJURIES ☎️🦺 #TrackTeam 🚧 pic.twitter.com/vDUoqk2fhF— Robin Morel (@13milepost) February 19, 2022
4. And on the subject of the storm, some sad news
We will remain closed tomorrow (Monday), as considerable damage in the gardens, as well as to the roof of the house means we need external professional help in dealing with these issues to ensure the area is safe. We will keep you posted! pic.twitter.com/eYizMMCycG— StephensHouse&Garden (@stephenshouse) February 20, 2022
5. I used to work just around the corner from that. Nice tweeting from a new (to us) account
Somewhere in Hendon in London pic.twitter.com/Nc5nnSgiSJ— 🕷 (@wanfujiwara) February 20, 2022
6. This post is of special interest to me, as my Dad flew Wellington bombers for 40 squadron during wW2, I miss seing the old bord when I visit
Think both are scheduled to move back to Hendon (2017 pics btw) pic.twitter.com/UqnKp6Rbqs— Rob (@Robhereagain) February 20, 2022
7. What is not to love about this tweet. Barnet FC in their rightful home at Underhill and legend Jimmy Greaves wearing the shirt
Barnet’s Jimmy Greaves checks out Woking’s Tony Field’s Barnet during the FA Cup match at Underhill in 1978 🇲🇨 pic.twitter.com/ZHHztZI06L— The Cardinal Tales (@cardinal_tales) February 20, 2022
8. We are all members of the Dr Julia Hines fan club here. Like Calvin, I consider myself priveliged to call Julia a friend
Recently I visited Finchley Central & I saw the Barnet Town Centre heroes exhibition. One of the people who are featured on the poster is my follower & a friend Dr Julia Hines. 🙂😀@JuliaHines pic.twitter.com/Ce9K4TCKuu— Calvin Casino (@calvincasino) February 19, 2022
9. Whatever your political persuasion, I do hope you agree that this is not good enough. It's shabby and horrible.
Shabby road signs, desperately in need of a coat of paint and some TLC, with posts covered in stickers for sex services pic.twitter.com/D4JmwoRIKh— A Better Mill Hill 🔸🌈🇬🇧🇪🇺 (@ABetterMillHill) February 20, 2022
10. And finally, the happiest tweet of the week, I hope it makes you smile as much as it made me smile!
Let's have a vote. Should we do music lessons for doggies at Mill Hill Music Complex. RT for Yes, Like for No! https://t.co/hr26xKhcJQ— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) February 14, 2022
That's all folks!
Post a Comment