So how has your week been? Mine has been Ok. Saw a couple of friends in town for a pleasant curry at Est India on Union St on Tuesday, five a side on Thursday was fun, nice meal in Berkehampstead with friends on Friday and saw a good second half performance yesterday at Hadley FC vs Broadfields FC in the sun. Here is the mighty Jordan Edwards scoring the third. First time I've captured a goal from open play for a tweet so most pleased.
Anyway enough of all that, what have our local tweeters been up to?
1. This is a good cause. Please support Lisa
2. What were you doing 50 years ago? If you were in Edgware, maybe you were at the Premier of the Steptoe and Son film!
50 years ago today, the "Steptoe & Son" film, starring Harry H. Corbett & Wilfrid Brambell, opened at the ABC Edgware & Fulham Road cinemas in London. https://t.co/0DsAPdJH5Q pic.twitter.com/PSD1J2nlMe— Art & Hue (@ARTandHUE) March 23, 2022
3. Live in Cricklewood? Got a few old books to spare? What batter thing to do than share the love!
4. Blimey, if you thought Barnet Council now was not interested in the less well off, check out this tweet
In the mid-1970s Barnet Council agreed to a GLC council block if they could put a six-foot fence around it.— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) March 20, 2022
Did the block or the fence go up in the end? Where was it?
From "Waterloo Sunrise" by John Davies, a history of 60s and 70s London pic.twitter.com/sIG8Q3oc2r
5. Simon Atkinson posted some great pictures of the Borough this week. This may not be the prettiest, but it is probably the best one to start a conversation and I rather like it. What do you think. Check out his other work
Good morning from the iconic 1255 High Road, London N20. A “Marmite” building, perhaps. But fear not! Cunning developers are busy trying to persuade @BarnetCouncil to add some dreadful cladding effort & make it something we can all dislike. Onwards! Cc @C20Society #architecture pic.twitter.com/hzR2IBGZb5— Simon Atkinson (@SimonMAtkinson) March 23, 2022
6. A date for your diary
📢 Calling all Barnet Residents📢 Before the Local Elections on 5 May, come and hear how the main political parties will protect the environment at the #BarnetEnviromentHustings we are proudly co-hosting.— Barnet Friends of the Earth (@Barnet_FoE) March 22, 2022
Find out more, submit a question and register👇 https://t.co/A19JRsT7Hz pic.twitter.com/iDBL2EXgr7
7. I imagine a few readers might enjoy this
An online archive showing aerial photographs of London has gone live.— BBC London (@BBCLondonNews) March 23, 2022
The oldest photograph was taken in 1919 showing the London Aerodrome, Hendon. Working from a suite in the London Flying Club all the photos in were developed in an adjoining bathroom.
📸 Historic England pic.twitter.com/3PFJTLo37n
8. The Venice of the North London
Brent Cross NW4, like Venice but with better parking... pic.twitter.com/w5L7DCe5xH— Jon Cooper (@jon_cooper75) March 23, 2022
9. Whilst on the subject of local waterways, a celebration of the newest water feature in the Borough of Barnet
Hey @AffinityWater @BarnetCouncil we all love a nice water feature, but this one outside no 20 Millway needs some TLC. The road surface is really starting to crack up. Btw, Who do we send the carwash bills to for all the splattering? pic.twitter.com/zriBB9cH4k— A Better Mill Hill 🔸🌈🇬🇧🇪🇺 (@ABetterMillHill) March 27, 2022
10. Some nice, moody rock and roll photography in Mill Hill
Everything in Perfect SymhaTree— AdvancedPhotons (@AdvancedPhotons) March 20, 2022
Mikey Murphy, lead singer and guitarist for SymhaTree at @MillHillMusicCo #livemusic #indie #rock #keepmusiclive #rockmusicians #musicians #music #musician #band #londonmusic #guitarist #guitar #Lowkey #blackandwhite #monochrome pic.twitter.com/ZOL8zFfrqC
That's all folks!