Monday 28 August 2023

Left high and dry by EasyJet in France

What a day we’ve had. Clare arranged a weekend trip to Nice for me to recuperate with friends after my recent operation. I missed celebrating my birthday as I still had a catheter in. On Friday, I travelled out and had a lovely relaxing time. We were due to fly back today. Then we started to get notifications this morning that the plane was delayed. At around 4pm, we were told it had been cancelled.


EasyJet emailed and told us to use the manage bookings features on the app but it doesn’t work. In desperation I’ve ended up paying €584 for two train tickets. The journey is around 12 hours, but at least we’ll get home this week.

I’m very disappointed with the total lack of help from EasyJet. I get that they have a huge workload, but to be stranded with no help at all is appalling.

We are lucky we can extend our accommodation but I’ve no idea if any of this will be covered by insurance etc. Apparently as it’s air traffic control issues, the normal compensation rules simply don’t count.

Anyway, look on the bright side, two more days of this







No comments: