Friday 24 June 2011

The Friday Round up - Mill Hill Music Festival Looms

This will be the last blog until Sunday 3rd July that will not be dedicated to the Mill Hill Music Festival, of which I'm an organiser. The reason for this is because it will be a hectic week and I need to focus. This blog will become my festival diary for the week.

This is rather lucky for a few people, not least Nick Walkley, as it gives him pause for thought following our little email exchange. We had some disgraceful scenes at the Finchley Residents forum last night, as described by Mrs Angry. It seems from her bolog that Councillor Reuben Thompstone is destined for great things in the small pond of the Barnet Tories. Sound's like he's a rather large halibut.

Anyway, keep an eye on the sidebar for the fantastic work of the other Barnet bloggers. I hope you enjoy the festival diary. For those of you who are interest, my band, The False Dots open the festival tomorrow night at the Mill Hill Sports Club, Graham Park way.

And here's the Friday Joke.

Stella places an add in the lonely hearts column. "Looking for a man who won't hit me, won't run away and is great in bed".

Bob knocks on her door a week later. He says "I can't beat you because I have no arms and I can't run away because I have no legs" He tells her.

Stella replies "What makes you think you're so good in bed?"

Bob replies "How do you think I knocked on the door".

Have a great Friday evening.

1 comment:

Mr Mustard said...

Didn't Thompstone talk a load of old cod because the residents were carping on that no-one was herring what they were saying ? Eel flounder at the next plaice the meeting is held at. Residents must have been packed in like sardines and the meeting was tench. The koi Councillors, minnows all, skated over the agenda; they have no sole. The residents smelt a rat.

Sorry about this comment !