Tuesday 28 February 2012

London Jewish Girls High School issues legal challenge to Barnet Council

Today I received this email :-

Dear Roger
 
I was told to write to you about a major situation which is coming to a head this evening at the cabinet resources committee at the Hendon town hall at 7pm.
 
hundreds of local people are going to be there to protest the council selling off the former Hendon fc ground to an individual against a higher bid put in by a local Barnet school.
 
see attached letter sent by our solicitors earlier today to the council
 
David Hersh
Chairman LJGH School
 
-----------------------------------------------------------
It contained this document
-----------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
 
I have to confess that I know nothing of th LJGH School or their proposal and little about the Montclare Ltd Proposal. The Hendon Times published this report about the site last year :-
 
 
Personally I deplore anything which removes a well established football ground and sports facility from the London Borough of Barnet. I would not support the proposal for flats or a school on this particular site. I do however agree with the point that it is strange that it is not being sold to the highest bidder, given the council doesn't care about retaining a football club on the site. I would welcome more information regarding this issue

No comments: