Today we have a French market in Mill Hill. Not only that but at 9am Saracens will parade the Rugby European Cup through Mill Hill Broadway. I thought that to mark the event I'd compile a list of a few notable events from Mill Hill.
1. Saracens parade the European Cup through Mill Hill today.
2. 1972 - Sir Terry Wogan opens the new Budgens supermarket in Mill Hill.
3. Mill Hill Music Festival - every 2 years for the last 20 years, this has brought great music to Mill Hill. Artist included John Dankworth, Acker Bilk, Paul Young and Humphrey Littleton.
4. St Josephs College garden - This was an annual event that occurred between 1964 and 1990. Celebrities such as Bill Pertwee and The Princess of Tonga opened it. Locals flocked to see the beautiful garden and farm.
5. Band day at Finchley Nurseries. A great anuual event, Check their website for details
6. John Cleese shot a Specsavers video outside my house last year!
7.Queens of the Stone Age Frontman Josh Homme had his nose cut off in Mill Hill in an episode of Toast of London , filmed at Mill Hill Music Complex
8. Iwan Thomas films for Strictly in Mill Hill!