Wednesday 13 May 2009

Kate Hoey for Prime Minister

Just got back from a little trip out. In the car with a mate who is a Conservative, we were listening to Kate Hoey on LBC. After she finished, my friend expressed the view that Labour were doomed at the next election. I shot back "If David Cameron woke up tomorrow to find Kate Hoey as PM & Frank Field as chancellor, I suspect that he may disagree". A look of horror came over my friends face. Just for a second, then he smiled. "That will never happen"

If I was a Labour MP and I wanted to keep my seat, I think maybe I'd disagree with him. She has credibilty & integrity. Field knows what he's doing & can make tough decisions. A dream team? I think so. I suspect that a few Tories do as well.

1 comment:

Don't Call Me Dave said...

Kate Hoey was on Sky News tonight reviewing the papers and gave a very good performance.

There are MPs on all sides of the house who are genuinely honourable people who understand how the behaviour of some of their colleagues has seriously damaged democracy, but as we know from Barnet, the good guys never make it to the top.