1. Let's start in Burnt Oak with one of our favourite local twitter accounts taking us back to 1971
2. A great Finchley picture from Adam London Photo'sI love this. It's a screen grab from a 1971 episode of ITV's 'The Fenn Street Gang'.— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) January 25, 2020
We're in Burnt Oak, outside the London Co-operative building (now Peacocks), looking over at the Bald Faced Stag pub.
Well done to Geoff P on the 'Your Edgware and Burnt Oak Photos' FB page. pic.twitter.com/MPq6GgQsNT
Chilly sunrise in East Finchley #londondailyphoto #winter #wintrylondon #N2 #EastFinchley #adamlondontours #tourguidelife #lovelondon pic.twitter.com/ndTniU7268— Adam London Tours (@AdamLondonTours) January 25, 2020
3. Did you know Bentley Motors started in Cricklewood? You do now!
4. Our local sporting legend tweet of the weekBentley Motors was founded by Walter Owen Bentley #OTD in 1919 in #Cricklewood, North London. The manufacturer did not make a complete car for 27 years, only engines and chassis. #LondonHistory #LocalHistory #Bentley pic.twitter.com/gUmtZr3RUk— History Press Local (@THP_Local) January 18, 2020
5. We support the hard work of our local litter pickers, working hard to clean up our communitiesAnother 70s legend ..... from the Prince of Edgware to the King of Sheffield...... another poem coming soon Tony Currie pic.twitter.com/CyVBdBsxKZ— gabbiecabbie (@gabbiecabbie) January 20, 2020
6. If you think that bin collections in Garden should be paid for out of your council tax, check this tweet outThe dark side... 🤦— Colindale Litter Pickers Association 🚮♻️ (@ColindaleLitter) January 19, 2020
Litter, fly tipping, dog fouling...
All these reported today to @BarnetCouncil
FYI: these collections are not for free. We foot the bill. pic.twitter.com/8Ni0ZxwOEa
7. The Mayor of Camden has been in Barnet doing one of my favourite walks and taking in a rather decent watering holeBarnet Council: Scrap Barnet's proposed garden waste collection charge - Sign the Petition! https://t.co/aVxOAGH7Q3 via @UKChange— Rick Rudman (@RudmanRick) January 24, 2020
8. This looks like fun!Red Rover walk from Woodside Park to Moat Mount via the Dollis Valley Greenwalk. Parts of the walk were muddier than the Somme and guess which idiot fell flat on his face in the mud? I had intended to go... https://t.co/Dvkr0651yq— Cllr Richard Cotton (@RichardCotton10) January 23, 2020
9. A great education in the local literary sceneYou heard the man https://t.co/KMt6HojovJ— artsdepot (@artsdepot) January 21, 2020
10. An amazing gig is being cooked up in Mill Hill!Popped to @WHSmith in #Edgware good to see #TheSilentPatient by @AlexMichaelides as #Edgware is featured + next to #TheSentenceIsDeath by @AnthonyHorowitz born down the road in #Stanmore NEVER forget his chat with me! NEVER GIVE UP! Now #WrongPlaceWrongTime is becoming a #movie! pic.twitter.com/CfV6Y9hIiZ— David P Perlmutter - Author and Actor “ish” (@davepperlmutter) January 24, 2020
#MHMCVidOfTheDay— MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) January 26, 2020
Today’s video of an amazing MHMC related artist, we have a great vid of @itsmarlab, daughter of the great Dennis Brown. Marla was in today rehearsing for her @TheJazzCafe show on Monday 3rd Feb, the great mans birthday!https://t.co/rSj8CjK87B
That's all folks!