Sunday 12 July 2020

The Tweets of the week in the London Borough of Barnet - 12/7/2020

So we've had a week of freedom (sort of) from #Lockdown.Have you ventured to the pub? Been into town? If you've been wondering what the Tweeters of Barnet have been doing, wonder no more!

1. We'll start with a historical tweet. Did you know that our area was originally famed for its hay and manure!

2. Our borough has a very large Irish community, which I am proud to consider myself a member of. I am pretty sure that every last one of us loved this man, so I was chuffed to find this picture!

3. This was perhaps the biggest story of the week locally. The large area of open water on the A406.

4. This is an appalling story. We owe our local police a debt of gratitude for the work they do keeping us safe.

5. We enjoy a good bit of local art deco!

6. Being an old school punk, this is probably my favourite tweet this week. Brought back a few memories

7. Great to see the return of training for our favourite Rugby club

8. Did you know Dixons started in Edgware

9. This is a fantastic picture of my favourite statue

10. This made us chuckle


That's all folks

No comments: