1. Well done to all our community minded citizens
Himalayan Balsam ✅— Your River Brent (@YourRiverBrent) July 23, 2020
Today @Thames21 and BRaVe #volunteers removed lots of HB and #litter from the Burnt Oak Brook at Watling Park.
We counted with the presence of @silkstreamers and @Sara_Conway3 @anne_clarke #greggs4good pic.twitter.com/NdzU2HHYZ5
2. And speaking of community minded citizens, I'd put Mr Mark Amies pretty near the top of the pile. Our local pub champion
It's been a while...but this is what the back of The Railway Hotel in Edgware looked like this morning— Mark Amies (@Superfast72) July 26, 2020
Just to remind you, its Grade II listed, & it was supposed to be a restaurant by now @Barneteye @HistoricEngland#railwayhoteledgware @PubsSaving @jscott110 @RogerProtzBeer pic.twitter.com/ATFkwgQN0W
3. Another community minded local is Sally Baily, Vicar of St Margarets in Edgware, one of the few remaining parts of the High St in Edgware that brings a smile to my face. Sad that idiotic morons have been desecrating her churchyard
My excitement at opening St Margaret's Edgware for first time since Lockdown slightly dented by mindless vandalism of our Tommy figure (WWI memorial). Met police in attendance. Not taking it personally 1 Peter 4:19 pic.twitter.com/fqs7A9EXnw— Sally Baily (@baily_sally) July 22, 2020
4. Do you remember Cricklewood when it was like this? You must have a good memory if you do!
Cricklewood was once a small rural hamlet around Edgware Road. Avenue Farm survived the development of the area into London suburbs. At least it did until 1932. The vestiges of this rural hamlet survive in the name of ‘Farm Avenue’ which was built along Avenue Farm’s access road. pic.twitter.com/Vv9kTgAxtF— Back in Time West London (@OldLondonW14) July 20, 2020
A few gorgeous paintings from our online over 55s watercolour course.....we're starting a new beginners course on Wednesdays 10-11.30am. Costs £5 a session and we can drop off all materials to your home! Tech help too - #Barnet residents please! To book a place call 07502 989 403 pic.twitter.com/xmEob4FIVa— Age UK Barnet (@ageukbarnet) July 24, 2020
6. Follow this account if you care about our local pubs
The latest updates on open pubs in Enfield & Barnet branch area can be found through the following link. Please comment if you have any updates or corrections and I will pass these on ...https://t.co/7PtpV2IcP4 pic.twitter.com/5xfMAo7RgS— Enfield&Barnet CAMRA (@EandBCAMRA) July 26, 2020
7. If the piccie made you feel a bit hungry, then follow this account!
Full Market this Saturday! The Heritage Cheese Stall will have delicious English, Irish and Italian cheeses. The usual fruit, veg, meat, poultry, fish, bread, pastry stalls will be there, plus Christian & Kate with coffee/tea, Yamama's falafels, Meat Boss & a new start-up bakery. pic.twitter.com/WYWhaZrG8a— Friends Barnet Mkt (@fobmkt) July 24, 2020
8. Back to Edgware, back in time
A sketch of The Ritz in Edgware, then planned to be called Citadel - which explains its architecture— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) July 23, 2020
A review says it should make "Edgware a still more pleasant place to live".
Found via @BNArchive pic.twitter.com/P03XTwVfY3
9. The best way to get fit!
10. Good luck to everyone doing music exams today. Hard work pays off!
That's all folks