So what have the tweeters of the Borough of Barnet been up to this week? We' ve been away so it has been interesting to catch up! Some nice tweets this week.
1. Do you know the interesting history of the park keepers shed in Montrose park?
Hendon Aerodrome WW1 Factory Railway.— Ian McGreevy (@ian_mcgreevy) October 11, 2020
This was the locomotive shed in the brief lifetime of the railway. Then Montrose Park, Burnt Oak was created and the loco shed became the groundkeeper’s shed ever since. 2020, I notice that Barnet Council has recently refurbished it. pic.twitter.com/4uAVydJzmf
2. Strictly speaking, this was a couple of weeks ago, but I missed this tweet and it is really important that we help John get these stolen guitars back
Please share . Uncles shop . Tough time for small businesses as it is without people doing things like this . pic.twitter.com/hvDDJA1wo5— Chris Harte (@hartechr) September 27, 2020
3. This was my moment of the week in the Borough of Barnet. Hadley FC through in the FA Vase second round against a spirited Enfiled Borough team
4. Nice tweet from a new Mill Hill account
Snazzy blue awnings have gone up onto the Numa Mediterranean Restaurant frontage. This is a very professional-looking job. pic.twitter.com/DouDqqc8WN— North West Se7en (@NWSe7en) October 11, 2020
5. Lest we forget
#OTD 1918, LCpl Thomas Kirk, Military Foot Police, died, aged 46. Buried Corbie Communal Cemetery Extension. Born Coleford. 2 Siblings. Served Boer War. 1905, married in Islington, 1 child. 1911, living High St North #Finchley. Worked as tramway motorman. On @StBsNL #WW1 memorial pic.twitter.com/QY5qVdGOWa— Revd Nicholas Pye (@RevdPye) October 11, 2020
6 Golders Green Crematorium. Fascinating history
7. You'd have to wait a long time for the next tube on Golders Green Road!
Vintage photo - Delivering a new tube train, Golders Green Road, in 1926 pic.twitter.com/7Ok0EomQbt— ianVisits (@ianvisits) October 10, 2020
8. This looks good if you are interested in Irish music
Tix for our instrumental workshops at Ashford Place, Cricklewood on Sun 25 Oct as part of RtLT Festival are now available - no of tix for sale are very limited because of capacity monitoring/ social distancing. Listing and bookings here: https://t.co/88kXGJ2dLF #irishmusic #tunes pic.twitter.com/gNpjJNk4HP— IMDL (@ReturntoCamden) October 7, 2020
9. Autumnal scenes in the Totteridge Valley
The Totteridge Valley looking rather autumnal pic.twitter.com/2xkdrVDJfV— A Better Mill Hill (@ABetterMillHill) October 11, 2020
10. Some interesting scenes in Mill Hill today!
Time travel at MHMC today, with some esteemed visitors pic.twitter.com/kyPexgbelI— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) October 11, 2020
That's all folks!