Another week, another set of restrictions. It's a good time to be alive!
But what have the esteemed tweeters of the London Borough of Barnet made of it all? What has been happening in our little corner of heaven?
1. We always support our young people doing great things
🚨LONDON RIVERS WEEK 🚨— Young Barnet Fdn. #NeverMoreNeeded (@Young_Barnet) October 17, 2020
Restoring the Burnt Oak Brook – Community Day
🕔10:30 - 2:30
📍Watling Park, Barnet
Book in advance - email@example.com https://t.co/nJ937URMWz
All equipment provided – wear comfortable clothes
*Under 16’s accompanied by an adult* pic.twitter.com/RJw2QITzia
2.A very interesting thread here
Here is an RAF aerial photo of the sports ground in the late 1940s and an OS map from between 1944 - 1969 pic.twitter.com/aV8MxyomHB— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) October 11, 2020
3. We are big fans of former Mill Hill resident Patrick McGooghan and this is a lovely tweet
The actor Patrick McGoohan, best know for his roles in 'Danger Man' & 'The Prisoner', lived in Mill Hill in the 1960's. He would often cycle from home to the MGM studios in Borehamwood, before starting work. This 1966 TV Week features sets a scene of that time. pic.twitter.com/MBQOoxzc8d— North West Se7en (@NWSe7en) October 18, 2020
4. Colindale used to be the home of the National Newspaper library. Sadly this is now just a distant memory
It actually reminded me that one of the many jobs I’ve done ever is reading 18c Caribbean newspapers at Colindale for six weeks looking for runaway slave ads, for an academic in Newcastle!— Hot Emma (@anicegreenleaf) October 9, 2020
5. Halloween will be different this year. Make it good different!
Plan ahead and order story books for Halloween now! Check out our 'Picture Books for Halloween' booklist https://t.co/2REIm019RK and then order using our Select and Collect service! https://t.co/lrTTwxpC15@LibrariesIB @ChildHilLibrary pic.twitter.com/Up1cij4uX4— Barnet libraries (@BarnetLibraries) October 18, 2020
6. This is beyond sad. A true institution
7. This is a lovely tweet. I didn't know of this, but I will check it out. This is why I love putting this collection together
Beautiful autumn sunlight and shadow in my local park, Princes Park, Golders Green, this morning. Loving the way the Nicolas Winton Memorial was lit up @Read4eva @MemoryoftheKT @barbara_winton pic.twitter.com/iy4hZxJ7Ba— Miriam Halahmy (@MiriamHalahmy) October 14, 2020
8. Rosie is a longstanding friend of this blog. Check this out
We'll be holding a draw for the first 30 people who participate in A Portrait of Care. The 10 ‘winners’ will have their portrait drawn by a Care Exp artist during #NCLW20. Here's one of the featured artists:https://t.co/Fhqb1XP4QR #nclw20#CEP #fostercare #selfie #portrait pic.twitter.com/m07B3jw6mc— 🍀ɌøSiE LøNǤSTøCKiNǤ🍀 (@Rosie_Canning) October 17, 2020
9. This is a rather nice autumnal picture of Mill Hill
Mill Hill fire station, attractively framed by some amazing autumn colours pic.twitter.com/5QOlp7Io9X— A Better Mill Hill (@ABetterMillHill) October 18, 2020
10. We all need some inspiration in these troubled times.
It’s a sign!!! We will Rock On pic.twitter.com/FZHLAw7gyv— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) October 15, 2020
That's all folks!