Friday 29 July 2022

The Friday Joke and ...... a few thoughts on life

 Once again, I'm endebted to the rather wonderful Robert Wilkinson for this week's joke, which has a nice musical theme.

A few thoughts on 'Living in the Modern World'

I don't like to do politics on the Friday joke, but am I the only one who wished that the Tory Leadership contenders had settled this all with a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors? I really look forward to when real news resumes and things start happening in the world again.

As for the train strikes. I think industrial disputes should be solved the way that Pope's are elected. If they locked the management and the Union leaders in the local Church and didn't let them out until both sides had reached agreement it would save us all of this trouble.

And then there is the Euro's. I saw a thing saying it's not Womens football, it's just football. What a marvellous idea. Someone should tell the organisers


This weekend sees the traditional start of the English Football Season with the Charity Shield. As a Manchester City fan, I find the choice of the King Power stadium a tad odd. The match has, over the years lost a bit of it's lustre, but it was still a day out at Wembley. Hard as I try, I really cannot find the same enthusiasm for a trip to Leicester. As Wembley was busy, why not use the Olympic Stadium at Stratford.  Given that Leicester have a far smaller capacity than City or Liverpool, would seem an obvious choice. Or even Old Trafford, it's about time they had two decent teams on the pitch.

And then there are our illustrious Royal Family. I must have lead a sheltered life, I learned a new word today. I'd always wondered why the name Peggy fell out of fashion! My mates mum was called Peggy, I could never work out what it was short for until today. She always said "My Ron, he can't sit still for a second". It all makes sense.

And finally....

Going on holiday? Want some peace and quiet on the plane.









.

No comments: