Friday 9 September 2022

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in the Borough of Barnet

 I thought it fitting to put together a blog to mark the passing of Her Majesty featuring some of her local visits. 

Lets start with the only time I've been in her presence. As an ex RAF officer, my Dad was invited to this and somehow managed to wangle me a ticket. I muts confess that as a nine year old, I was more interested in the planes!



This is my favourite picture of Her Majesty. Although not in Barnet, Wembley is only a mile or two down the road! It all seemed possible then.


Myself and Her Majesty are/were both big fans of the amazing work of the North London Hospice



Her Majesty also opened the Peel Centre in Hendon



A youthful Queen here meets the Mill Hill Swimming team. What a great picture!



When she was still a Princess, she visited the Drapers homes in Mill Hill



She also graced Edgware with a visit on her 90th Birthday



And how about this great picture of Her Majesty at the Golders Green Empire



And here is a video of her opening the RAF Museum



RIP Queen Elizabeth II




.

No comments: