Saturday 17 September 2022

The Saturday List #360 - Ten songs for loss

 On Monday, we will be saying our final goodbye to Her Majesty the Queen. It got me thinking about songs about losing someone or remembering someone who has gone. I thought a playlist would be appropriate. This is not a normal selection, it includes artists, songs and genre's that are not always associated with death and grieving, but I'd happily have any of these at my funeral. They are respectful and contemplative. Some, such as Fire and Rain, by James Taylor and Death Disco by Public Image are about the loss of a loved one. Some such as Too many rivers by Jimmy Cliff are not about death but seem to sum up the mode of remembrance well and some such as I remember you by The Ramones, I'm not overly sure but it always reminds me of a very dear friend I lost far too early. I hope it gives you some inspiration.

 Here is my selection. 



No comments: