Sunday 25 September 2022

The Tweets of the Week in the London Borough of Barnet - 25 September 2022

We've not done this feature for a couple of weeks. TBH there was very little of interest being tweeted during the period of mourning for HM The Queen. Since Tuesday, normal tweeting services have been resumed. Just a reminder/explanation. Every week the Barnet Eye does a round up of the best tweets from in and around the Borough of Barnet. I always start with a brief resume of my week. I don't pick political or partisan tweets. This is a biot of weekend fun. I should add that I've found some amazing accounts putting this together, such as @Time_NW and @Soxgnasher this week is no exception. I rather like the look of the @Brutalust account (if you are a fan of the brutalist architecture style). 

OK, lets start with a reminder. The False Dots (my band) will be playing at the Dublin Castle in Camden Town on Wednesday night. If you want to say hi, and possibly feature in an instalment of my London Symphonies, come on down. The DC is one of Londons best grassroots music venues. If you've never been down, why not see what all of the fuss is about. Tickets here.

How's your week been? Mine has been good. I've not been able to play five a side football since July. I hurt my ankle, so running around at Powerleague didn't seem like a good idea. This week, it was just about OK enough to show up, do a stint in goal and a twenty minute run around. It felt good. On Friday night, we went for a curry with a friend from Yorkshire at the Mill Hill Tandoori, which was delicious, then we went down to the 229 club to see the rather amazing Brit Funk Association. The guitarist Paul McClean of Heatwave is an old mate.


So that's how my week's been, how has your week been? This is what the Tweeters of the Borough have been up to?

1. As we've focussed on Burnt Oak this week, I thought I'd start with this. Pete Scully's work is pretty good, well worth checking out


2. Cricklewood had a celebrity visitor this week. The oldest certified mainline diesel locomotive still running in general service and looking well buffed up. Still putting in stirling work after 65 years service.


3. Well done lads!


4. Nice bit of local history from Golders Green


5. Nice to see local kids learning of the sacrifices of our forefathers and paying their respects


6. A date for your diary


7. A sign of the times


8. Fancy a bit of exercise? Check this out


9. I don't understand why more pubs don't put on decent live music?


10. Two legends in Mill Hill!


That's all folks!

No comments: