Thursday 1 September 2022

Prostate Cancer - Don't be scared of finger up your bum - get tested

 This morning we wake up to the news that much loved presenter Bill Turnbull has died aged 66 from Prostate Cancer. I won't beat about the bush. It could have been me. I was tested in 2011 when I was 59. I have prostate cancer. In 2016, I had a procedure to deal with it when it started to turn nasty. If I'd not had a test then, I could be where Bill is now. Please get a test. My band, the False Dots recorded this song to encourage our mates to get tested. Please listen. The only difference between Bill and me is that in 2011, when I twisted my knee playing football, the doctor suggested I had a "Male MOT". I got lucky. Bill didn't. It's as simple as that. Cancer is worse than a finger up your bum. Get checked.


No comments: