1. Woolworths - Mill Hill is not the same without Woolies
2. Maxfields Art Shop - Every High Street should have an art shop
3. Stephen Sigers Record Shop - Moved from Edgware to Mill Hill in the 1980's
4. Budgens - Now M&S - I preferred Budgens, more a shop for the ordinary man !
5. Nat Jacobs fishmongers - When the fishmonger goes, the High Street starts to die.
6. King & Co - Greengrocers - A fine establishment, produce always fresh
7. Kentfields toy shop - Tiny shop, which as a child was like Santa's grotto
8. H.A Blunt and Sons - AKA the Model Shop. Trainsets, Scalextrix, Airfix models, fantastic !
9. The David Anstee - The last proper baker in Mill Hill Broadway
10. Acceleration - Car accessories.
Put all these back and you'd have a proper High Street. So what have they become?
1. Iceland. Yawn !
4. Marks and Spencers
5. Half Full Cafe
6. Dry Cleaners
7. Phone Shop
8. Estate agents
9. Costa coffee - yet another coffee bar
10. Financial Services company