Monday 24 May 2010

The nasty side of the Barnet Green party

On Saturday, I had the audacity to criticise the Barnet Green Party. Read this post :-

http://barneteye.blogspot.com/2010/05/barnet-greens-more-like-barnets-biggest.html

I wake up this morning to see Donald Lyven has left a comment. It seems like Mr Lyven doesn't like criticism very much. He says
Rog, your behaving like a complete arse again. I did not state in a letter anything of the sort. What is your problem? Is this the new politics? slagging off other parties because of your own twisted logic? You're the one who should be thoroughly ashamed.

Call me on 07939-021480 and I'll explain.

Donald Lyven - Barnet Green
Well for the purposes of clarity, lets set a few things straight. Firstly, if you read the original post, you will see that I put a link from the blog to Donalds letter to the Times. People can read what he said and decide whether I was being unfair (or an Arse as Donald so eloquently puts it).

The main thrust of my criticism is that the Green party in Barnet are not interested in the least well off people. This can be demonstrated by the fact that they stood candidates in well off areas like Mill Hill but didn't bother to put even one candidate up in Burnt Oak, probably the poorest ward in Barnet.

http://www.barnet.gov.uk/burnt-oak-elections2010-2.pdf

Now having said that I have a problem and my logic is twisted, Mr Lyven then invites me to ring him to explain. Why doesn't he just use the comments system to leave a clarification? He could say anything he likes and if he really believes that I've used twisted logic, he could give a fullsome explanation, which really would make me look like an "arse".

Mr Lyven says I should be ashamed. What for, for pointing out that Mr Lyvens party ignore the most deprived ward in Barnet? For putting a link to his own comments? He asks "Is this the new politics". Well sorry mate, I rather like the old politics. I preferred Labour when it was "Old Labour". I prefer it when people speak openly and frankly. Some of the people I admire most (but don't agree with) are Conservatives who are not afraid to speak their mind. Are they "arses"? No, they are just people who disagree with me. If Donny boy wants to be taken seriously, he'd better learn to deal with criticism in a more mature manner.

Mr Lyven's comments remind me of one of the "friends of freer" who often used to leave comments here claiming I'd "twisted things", whilst never ever actually providing any evidence (such as I do with links). I do wonder if maybe John Hart carried out his threat to buy the Greens a beer and used the opportunity with his sweet talking charm to persuade Donald to leave such a stupid comment.

P.S Note to Donald. I like a good row so bring it on.

No comments: