Thursday 20 May 2010

I still haven't found what I'm looking for - Have you?

Many people hit on the blog doing Google searches. For your entertainment, I thought I'd share what people are looking for when they find the blog. My stats keep track of the most popular searches people perform to find the blog. I've removed any where people are looking for me (ie Barnet Eye, Rog T) and I've aggregated ones where people are using different spellings etc for the same thing (Mike Freer, Mike Freer MP).

1. matthew offord
2. andrew reid mill hill
3. mike freer mp
4. show me your tits
5. barnet council management structure
6. death by poison
7. hank marvin jehovah's witness
8. brian coleman
9. captain useless
10. first capital connect awful

Sadly I think that the bevvy of people performing the fourth most popular search will be sorely disappointed. I do hope Matthew Offord is pleased, he's more popular than Mike Freer by a long way (Andrew Dismore didn't even make the cut). It is also interesting to see that Mr Andrew Reid, a controversial local landowner is featuring in many searches (one or two people locally might say Mr Reid put the cont in controversial in Mill Hill, but personally I think he's an wholesome Asset - (Did I ever mention I'm dyslxic?)). Farmer Reid has built a childrens zoo and conference centre on the Ridgeway in Mill Hill. This has proven extremely popular with crowds of thousands flocking to it on busy days. The new Conservative Government has stated that it plans to relax regulation and allow small businessmen like Mr Reid to start up such ventures without red tape. The Tory administration in Barnet have been one of the first to enact such polices, allowing this whole enterprise to open without planning permission. Despite howls of protest from some local neighbours, so far Barnet Council has stuck  to it's business friendly guns and refused to take enforcement action against this local farmer/businessman. Barnet Council is to be applauded for standing up to local Council Taxpaying residents and defending the right of rich businessmen to do what they like on their own property. This blog is interested to see if other such businesses will be allowed to open on the green belt fields as part of the Barnet business friendly drive. By the way, Mr Reid was proudly elected as Deputy Chairman of Hendon Conservative association with special responsibility for fundraising and membership in March 2009. He must be praised for the sterling work he did getting our local Mill Hill Tory Councillors elected and securing the Parliamentary seat for Matthew Offord. Maybe Barnet Council would like to rent me a couple of green belt fields in Totteridge as I'd love to open a scrapyard there. I hear local Councillor Brian Coleman is motorist friendly, so surely the opportunity to buy a few spares on the cheap locally will be a great boon. I mean who in their right mind would rather look at rolling fields than a scrapyard.

Back to the subject of Google searches - I took to wondering who was the most disappointed person to do a Google search and find this blog? I reckon the person who entered this search

5 star hotel in mathura bakery and confectionery

or maybe this one

amusing appealing message to wife for service

I hope whoever you are and however you found this blog, you enjoyed reading it. I look forward (without irony) to the next Tory leaflet shouting "Local Lib Dems plan massive stadium scrapyard for Mill Hill Totteridge green belt" and you know what, they'll probably get away with it.

1 comment:

Moaneybat said...

Mcgrigors must have paid more than a tidy sum for Reid Minty to make him 'Farmer Reid' the NOT so 'small' businessman.The man probably advised the Tories on "Strategic Planning"