We may be in lockdown, but there are some very interesting tweets out there from our amazing army of local tweeters.
1. Lets start with an interesting question about a manufacturer of musical instruments in Burnt Oak. Can you help them?
There was also A F Matthews at Cavendish Works on Burnt Oak Broadway which made military, orchestral and education drums and trumpets.— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) January 11, 2021
Anyone know anymore about them or where the factory was exactly? pic.twitter.com/iKvVnkNYLZ
2. We completely agree with Maya Oppenheim. Luckily we don't have to pop on the Northern Line and we can still get deliveries locally!
I miss Bang Bang food hall. Aka London’s biggest Asian food court. I highly recommend staying on the “misery line” (former name for the northern line due to its constant signal failures) until Colindale and stuffing ya face in the burbs when it reopens pic.twitter.com/w1mD8EGCnP— Maya Oppenheim (@MayaOppenheim) January 12, 2021
3. Want to know what the new Brent Cross Town will look like?
Argent Related reveals first office designs at £5bn Brent Cross Town https://t.co/yx4KFdUeWg— Architects’ Journal (@ArchitectsJrnal) January 16, 2021
4. Fancy some whitewater rafting in Mill Hill? A great picture. Did you know Hank Marvin used to live in Wise Lane?
No need to go to the Welsh Harp for a bit of rowing just pop over to Wise Lane in Mill Hill pic.twitter.com/DRA398KXlX— Inside Mill Hill (@InsideMillHill) January 16, 2021
5. Thanks to Nik Hunt and Ian McGreevy for enlightening us about the former uses of the Jesus House site at Staples Corner
An aside, but prior to RAC it was a Ready-Mixed Concrete plant operated, i think, by Pioneer Concrete.— Ian McGreevy (@ian_mcgreevy) January 16, 2021
6. Thanks to @Time_NW for telling the story of Romac and the sad decline of the building in Hendon
I was sad to see today that this rather anonymous building on The Hyde at Hendon, has now been demolished. It was called Romac House, and I have mentioned it before...(Thread) pic.twitter.com/WBBWQLadm0— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) January 15, 2021
7. Great to hear a local doing great things
8. There have been some great pictures of winter scenes locally
Mill Hill park this morning. Glorious in the winter sunshine pic.twitter.com/QDwSKm1PfL— A Better Mill Hill (@ABetterMillHill) January 15, 2021
9. We agree with Donald. Please sign this petition. No bees no life.
Too much of our countryside is being doused with chemical pesticides. Bees, birds, butterflies and other wildlife are in decline. Join me and sign the @friends_earth petition to make the countryside a safer place for wildlife. #NatureFriendlyFarming https://t.co/sVWQict17x— Donald Lyven (@barnet_rebel) January 13, 2021
10. We have some amazing local artists. Here is one of the very best
That's all folks.