Today is the equinox, the days get longer, the clock goes back next Sunday, over half the population has been vaccinated. We may not be able to go on holiday, but at least we will soon be able to see our friends. As I write this, the sun is shining. So what have the tweeters of the Borough been up to?
1. Please support Mark Amies and his petition
Do you recall going to The Railway Hotel, Edgware? Maybe you had a carvery in the restaurant? It's been unused since closing in 2008, & it's about time it was put to use.— Mark Amies (@Superfast72) March 20, 2021
Please sign the petition now https://t.co/J9U6jK7WIg
Images @memorieshendon #edgware #RailwayHotelEdgware pic.twitter.com/Oy3wwaIV9A
2. If you know Edgware and know about George Michael and you like great Greek food, you will like this tweet. It brings back some great memories
Jack Panos's restaurant?— ✝︎Fey♥Photeine✝︎ (@fey_photeine) March 18, 2021
Mr Jacks, Station Road, Edgware https://t.co/XmOqlDHm8B
3. Can you help? Keep our streets safe
#APPEAL after shots fired at police in #Colindale - “The repercussions of this split-second action could have been grave” says lead investigator as police record more than 7,000 assaults on officers in the past 12 months.https://t.co/72SOWS1i9c pic.twitter.com/FipdK0GIhn— Metropolitan Police (@metpoliceuk) March 19, 2021
4. If you are interested in the progress of the Borough of Barnet's newest rail station, this is the tweet for you. It is also an amazing picture
🛤️ We’re improving the track layout between West Hampstead and Mill Hill Broadway over Easter 🐣— Network Rail East Midlands (@NetworkRailEM) March 19, 2021
👷🏾♀️ Our teams are remodelling it make space for the new Brent Cross West station 🚉
➡️https://t.co/IbupOK25Um#EasterRailWorks @BarnetCouncil @EastMidRailway @TLRailUK pic.twitter.com/RMSeDyqAeE
5. Fancy putting those green fingers to good use?
The days are finally getting longer... If you would like to test your green fingers and enjoy spending time outdoors, come over and join us. In addition to our Saturday drop ins (10am-2pm) we are still running 1:1 gardening sessions, supposed by @TNLComFund 🍃🌱🌿 Get in touch 🙏 pic.twitter.com/JiUbpngeix— Clitterhouse Farm, Cricklewood, NW2 (@clitterhouse) March 17, 2021
6. Love Gaelic sports? Can you help St Kiernan?
A reminder of the club's monthly draw with prizes from £200 to £500 each month.— St Kiernans London (@StKiernansGAA) March 18, 2021
At £20 a month, this will act as a unique membership to raise proceeds for the development of the clubhouse/changing rooms at our new grounds in Totteridge.
First draw takes place in April. pic.twitter.com/yhf3RLPJIp
7. We have some amazing wildlife in the Borough and we are lucky to have Samuel Levy to document it for us
8. We love a good pic of a Ford Capri. Nice work from Barnet Walking Football
It’s Friday it’s 2pm , it’s time for the great @BarnetWft @HiveTrust zoom meet up 😕 humour banter&loads more 😱as we remembered our first cars & driving tests my Ford Capri , Sid Tobias a Renault Dauphine and Mike moate a horse drawn carriage 🤣all this & more every Friday ☹️ pic.twitter.com/lSNAYIi0He— Barnet WFT (@BarnetWft) March 19, 2021
9. Art, Vandalism or both? Have your say.
So I have a question to ask you my lovely tweeters, just spotted this on Instagram posted by someone called @stickerguy_millhill, is this art or is this vandalism, #graffitiart #millhill #tag #art #StreetArt #London #SubwaySpace pic.twitter.com/jkt5Cuokcc— Inside Mill Hill (@InsideMillHill) March 20, 2021
10. Nice tweet from Mill Hill Rugby Club
That's all folks....