Sunday 22 May 2022

The Tweets of the week in the London Borough of Barnet - 22nd June 2022

 The sun is shining. The football season is grinding to an end, we are in Summer festival season (which we will be featuring here quite a lot over the summer, please support your local festivals). I've had a busy week. I've been catching up at work, doing all of the things I'd been putting off due to the council elections, catching up with friends, walking our dogs. The highlight of my week was a trip to the British Library for a talk celebrating 50 years of the seminal Ziggy Stardust album, with the co producer Ken Scott. It was a wonderful evening


That was my week, enough of me, what have our tweeters been up to?

1. Lets start in Burnt Oak, with a bit of archetecture. I find this fascinating, Click here to see what it looks like now! Sadly like much of Barnet, developers want to knock it down


2. There were some interesting vintage buses on Saracens bus duties this weekend. I saw this beauty in Mill Hill. It was spotless. Being a Londoner, I do love to see a Routemaster


3. This is a truly bonkers tweet and video. Love it


4. Possibly a first. A Tweet in German! I almost never include corporate posts, but this picture is wonderful! Being raised in the motor trade, I can almost smell the oil. I love a good garage


5. I still miss Amy. She was always wonderful when she was at the studios. This made me smile


6. We mentioned the wonderful summer music festivals of the Borough. Lets have a look at a few, starting here


q

7. Festivals don't happen by themselves, they need people to help. Can you?


8. And Cricklewood!


9. And Mill Hill!


10. And finally, there's no music festivals without musicians and instruments. These guitars look pretty damn cool to me!



That's all folks!

No comments: