The sun is shining. The football season is grinding to an end, we are in Summer festival season (which we will be featuring here quite a lot over the summer, please support your local festivals). I've had a busy week. I've been catching up at work, doing all of the things I'd been putting off due to the council elections, catching up with friends, walking our dogs. The highlight of my week was a trip to the British Library for a talk celebrating 50 years of the seminal Ziggy Stardust album, with the co producer Ken Scott. It was a wonderful evening
That was my week, enough of me, what have our tweeters been up to?
1. Lets start in Burnt Oak, with a bit of archetecture. I find this fascinating, Click here to see what it looks like now! Sadly like much of Barnet, developers want to knock it down
Tretol Offices & Factory, Burnt Oak— Modernism in Metroland (@mod_in_metro) May 17, 2022
Walter & June Segalhttps://t.co/M4D1p2Tqu9 pic.twitter.com/3LJcQ1APCl
2. There were some interesting vintage buses on Saracens bus duties this weekend. I saw this beauty in Mill Hill. It was spotless. Being a Londoner, I do love to see a Routemaster
At Edgware Bus Station on Saracens Rugby Shuttle service, Metroline TE1579 & Arriva RMC1453 pic.twitter.com/3ikZX1n4Bk— Vibes Transportation production (@TfLTravellerLdn) May 21, 2022
3. This is a truly bonkers tweet and video. Love it
A great video from @CabMirror, about Mike Meaney, who was buried alive in NW6 for 61 days in 1969.https://t.co/0SVx66Wbau pic.twitter.com/SNEHqkl6Ot— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) May 16, 2022
4. Possibly a first. A Tweet in German! I almost never include corporate posts, but this picture is wonderful! Being raised in the motor trade, I can almost smell the oil. I love a good garage
Pfoten hoch: Diese Szene spielte sich 1961 an der bp Tankstelle Finchley Road in London ab. Glücklicherweise drückte genau in dem Moment jemand auf den Auslöser.— bp in Deutschland (@bp_Deutschland) May 19, 2022
5. I still miss Amy. She was always wonderful when she was at the studios. This made me smile
“Hi just to say Everyone im doing ok in fact more than ok “… today I visited @JanisWinehouse to run some errands… Janis forced me to have ice cream in Finchley, she thanks you all for your love & support pls let everyone know ❤️💪🏼 @mssocietyuk #amywinehouse #womanoftheyear pic.twitter.com/13QvLfLrya— Laura Jane Butler | Amy Winehouse Tribute (@LauraJaneButle1) May 18, 2022
6. We mentioned the wonderful summer music festivals of the Borough. Lets have a look at a few, starting here
Thanks to @cavatinachamber 8–25s get free tickets to three of our concerts and £5 tickets to the other two!— High Barnet Chamber Music Festival (@hbcmfest) May 20, 2022
Our July 17th matinée is a perfect family afternoon: grab lunch on the High Street and then stroll over for an hour of fantastic music.https://t.co/hzbXmsIRxH
7. Festivals don't happen by themselves, they need people to help. Can you?
Just over a month until the best festival in the world*— East Finchley (@EastFinchleyN2) May 17, 2022
It’s run completely by volunteers and receives no outside funding. Please sign up to help out for an hour. ⬇️
(*according to us) https://t.co/NK8XX265fV
8. And Cricklewood!
The Lagos Afrofunk Collective will be on stage at Royally Cricklewood on Sat 4 June! Don't miss a chance to hear these amazing Afro-funk and Highlife musicians as we celebrate the #PlatinumJubilee. #LetsCreate #creativejubilee #lottogoodcauses @UdensonCaldbeck @ace_national pic.twitter.com/CWin6u9h46— Vibe Market (@VibeMarket) May 20, 2022
9. And Mill Hill!
Get your tickets now for the #millhill #musicfestival don’t miss outhttps://t.co/moz8pzFC84— Mill Hill Music Fest (@millhillfest) May 22, 2022
10. And finally, there's no music festivals without musicians and instruments. These guitars look pretty damn cool to me!
We have some beautiful @washburn.guitars just come in. Why not come down and buy one and make it a super Sunday#acousticguitar #guitars #musicshop #millhill #nw7 pic.twitter.com/DZgyVnmubw— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) May 22, 2022
That's all folks!
Post a Comment