Friday 12 August 2022

Three cheers for glorious Great Britain


 Ever fancied moving abroad? Fed up with #Brexit Britain? I must confess to me the idea was becoming more appealing with every Boris cock up. I love France, the cuisine, the lifestyle and the people. The pace of life suits me and when governments fail the French do not sit passively by. They accept that the EU is deeply flawed, but unlike us don’t flounce out. They simply ignore the rules they don’t like and make it work for France. 

But… The picture above is taken of my view for the last 3 hours. I’ve had to accompany an elderly friend to A&E in a French hospital following a fall. The process is very different to the U.K. He arrived in a hospital. I was told to wait in a loading bay. I was not allowed to accompany him. I filled in a form and he was whisked away. I’ve no idea what is happening and no idea how long to wait. 

It makes me realise that for all its legion of faults, when it comes down to it, if you have such a situation in a foreign land, it can be very difficult. Casualty at Barnet General may be bad, but not being told anything about anything and being shrugged away is worse

No comments: