Winter is here, and it's going on two years, as Joey Ramone said. But what are the tweeters of the Borough of Barnet up to? You will be pleased to know that this week that all of the tweets are current. We have great historical tweeters, who have done a sterling job during lockdown keeping us all amused, but we made the decision to do a week of current tweets.
1. Good to see the Young Barnet foundation doing great work with our local guides.
Outdoors ✅ social distancing ✅ having fun ✅— 7th Edgware Guides & Rangers (@7thEdgware) September 5, 2020
We had a fantastic night stand up paddleboarding at the Phoenix Canoe Club curtesy of the fantastic @Young_Barnet Foundation. We will definitely be back! @Guiding_LaSER @GirlguidingMdxE pic.twitter.com/Uxmlbi8xvi
2. As I spend a lot of time walking the Totteridge Valley I always enjoy Samuels excellent tweets, chronicling the local wildlife.
The last few days in the Totteridge Valley have been interesting. There are still plenty of Spotted Flycatchers around and the Hobby are now enjoying the warmer weather catching Dragonflies such as this Migrant Hawker. A Mute Swan was a first since April 2019 #londonbirds pic.twitter.com/1cUKYlJdGe— Samuel Levy (@FinchleyBirder) September 1, 2020
3. We all need to get behind our local foodbanks. The country is in crisis and many need help
Good to have so many volunteers for our first training session as we get ready for next week. With @BOOSTChildsHill @sarahcreates @anne_clarke @AllSaintsChHill @StPetersNW2 @NW2_RA @ccf_cricklewood with thanks for support from @SembleUK @argentrelated and the #BXSCommunityFund pic.twitter.com/kZ9opQJxY2— Child's Hill Food Bank (@ChildsHillFood1) September 5, 2020
4. It is great to see live music returning to the Borough of Barnet
Mon 21st Sept. @ColindaleFolk reopens with Odette Michell @odettemichell at @ChandosArmsPub. https://t.co/GeMGsIARKw Free entry, good food, friendly pub. The floor spots start at 8:30pm. pic.twitter.com/K21L53a3rW— Colindale Folk Club (@ColindaleFolk) September 4, 2020
5. And it's great to see grassroots football and grassroots fans back in the Borough
6. And it is great to see Church choirs coming back, and a lovely shot of the church
This place is aglow tonight: first rehearsal with a small (& smaller than usual) choir since March. Hearing them sing “Locus Iste” was spine-tingling. #StaySafe #SingSafe mindful of ventilation, distancing & volume @Hendon_Parish pic.twitter.com/I1dQKjQEr9— Dr Julie Gittoes ☩ (@JulieGittoes) September 1, 2020
7. Our amazing local litter pickers are back in the groove! Why not help out?
Good to join @MHLitterPickers at Mill Hill Park again this morning!— Friends of Heybourne Park (@Heybournepark) September 5, 2020
Passed by a rather littered area on the way back and felt inspired to do something about it! Let’s keep the park clean. Let’s do it together! https://t.co/CpfD66bDLF pic.twitter.com/B2KecRSfY0
8. Lovely picture of Mill Hill and surrounding district here
9. Our favourite Rugby club are having a quiz night, please support them
10. And Music grade exams are back!
That's all folks!