Is it me, or is the world becoming more bizarre every day. I think this is reflected on a rather strange set of tweets that we showcase this week. There are many things I never thought I'd see. Maybe the rising CO2 levels in the atmosphere are sending us all mildly bonkers, there's a good conspiracy theory for you! Anyway, without further ado, here is our selection
1. We start with a question I never thought I'd see get asked, the answer is quite interesting!
2. I suspect the question may work better in Colindale. Who would have thought this 30 years ago?
Since we're walking down memory lane😬. Next stop 🛑— Gosbert (@Gosbert) September 26, 2020
Yaohan Plaza, Colindale.
Yes, a Japanese shopping mall slap bang in the middle of North West London suburbs 🤔. Died a slow death and now (sorta) revived as @BANGBANGOFH https://t.co/5D76nPLwgF
3.Or even 80 years ago! Colindale was very different in 1940, the whole world was
Today 26 Sep 1940— Inside Mill Hill (@InsideMillHill) September 26, 2020
Air raid damage at Colindale station. The extensive area of rubble is all that remains of the station destroyed by a bomb on the previous night, which killed 13 people. The skeletal framework of one of the platform is visible in the background.
From Ltmuseum pic.twitter.com/ua7hFvC7gU
4. For me at least, this was the funniest tweet of the week
Once, when we lived in Finchley, our house was burgled, and the nearest police station was in Colindale. Unfortunately, the number I found was for a station in Colling*wood*, Melbourne. There followed 10 very confusing minutes of conversation between me and the desk sergeant— Nat of the Living Dead (@WritesTc) September 26, 2020
5. I think we all share the sentiments of Hendon RFC
Our thoughts are with the family and friends of Sgt. Matt Ratana.— Hendon RFC (@HendonRFC) September 27, 2020
We have welcomed numerous police officers over the years.
We would be proud to host a match with @MPRFC / @RugbyEGRFC in memoriam to honour the name of Sgt. Matt Ratana and that which he held dear.#ThinBlueLine pic.twitter.com/mCfAkBYdW2
6. A bit harsh, Scott is actually only 46, a wee slip of a lad. Hope for us all!
7. Amongst all the madness, a a little bit of sanity and order in Childs Hill. Great work as well
A picture of the beautifully arranged cupboard of the @ChildsHillFood1— Sarah Hoyle (@sarahcreates) September 25, 2020
On behalf of all the trustees a HUGE thanks to our community for their ongoing donations and support. #Cricklewood & #ChildsHill #Superstars pic.twitter.com/duBKid0QsM
8. Just in case you ever wondered what the new track layout for the BrentCross West station would look like
Interesting - current gradient and location Of Brent Curve junction and freight sidings prevents parallel platforms being constructed - staggered extra platforms necessary or even single platform with small track work change #BrentCross pic.twitter.com/nrpwmYDRe8— Robin Morel (@13milepost) September 23, 2020
9. The last of the Mill Hill corn crop looking rather forlorn
The last of the Mill Hill corn crop on the field at the bottom of Burtonhole Lane. We watched it grow through the summer pic.twitter.com/4msJa9N79O— A Better Mill Hill (@ABetterMillHill) September 23, 2020
10. Great to see that Ballet lessons have resumed in Mill Hill
That's all folks!!