So how has your week been? This was meant to be one of my best weeks of the year. I managed to play five a side at Powerleague and watch the mighty Hadley FC beat Crawley Town 5-0. I was meant to be going to see The Vibrators last night at the Dublin Castle and the Pogue Traders at the same venue. My best mate is isolating as his daughter has Covid. As with last year, as Christmas moves closer, it seems to move further away. I was planning to attend mass at The Sacred Heart on Xmas Eve at 5pm. I've just learned it's been cancelled. So that's been my week. What have our local tweeters been up to?
1. I love this thread. What unite's George Michael and Syd's barbers?
I've not seen that video before Lee,thanks. Two notable spots in there. Syds Hairdressing in Park Way, Burnt Oak....now gone. I wonder if George got his barnet done there? pic.twitter.com/ylkW9OJ0f7— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) December 17, 2021
2. This strange glow in the sky has been causing a lot of chit chat on social media. We won't spoil the fun and explain
View over Colindale at the moment. Aliens? Nuclear power plant meltdown? Black Widow-style fortress in the sky? pic.twitter.com/ehCmMLmTsZ— Robin Moss (@robinmoss86) December 16, 2021
3. Well done to my old school for engaging in the proper spirit of Xmas
🙏 Thank you to all who contributed to our Advent collection for those in need within our parishes and local community. The final items were collected yesterday by Colindale Foodbank who were very grateful for our efforts. pic.twitter.com/uD8fSmVc7M— StVincentsMillHill (@NW7StVincents) December 18, 2021
4. My pal Dr Julia Hines put a lot of work into this thread. It is worth a read. I've known Julia a long time and she's someone who's opinion I trust without question.
Thanks for listening. Take care of yourselves and each other, and enjoy the festivities as far as you can. pic.twitter.com/RJioMSdknX— Julia Hines🔶️💙 (@JuliaHines) December 17, 2021
5. I do love living in a City where we can celebrate the victories of the Algerian Football team
Algerian fans proper celebrating across London letting off fireworks tonight. This was Cricklewood broadway pic.twitter.com/w9rXF0KdMs— Oliver King (@oliverjamesking) December 18, 2021
6. This tweet caught my eye. It seems that a new film studio opens every week somewhere around here
Huge film studio from Troubadour Theatres to open in Brent Cross https://t.co/zaCkv9L1Jd— The John Mills Institute for Prosperity (@ProsperityJmi) December 15, 2021
7. We seem to be seeing a lot of burst watermains locally at the moment
8. Worth a mention
9. Sadly, after 3 years, this is still happening
Nice! https://t.co/5o3Tt2X33N— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) December 15, 2021
That's all folks!