I've had a busy week No band rehearsal as Fil has covid, but went to Southend to see 10CC on Friday and on the London International Ska Festival Ska Cruise up and down the River Thames last night. London looked simply wonderful, don't you agree?
Anyway, enough of me, what have our local Tweeters been up to? Here is my pick of the best local tweets
1. Shocking news from just over the border in the Borough of Harrow. This caught my eye. Whatever next????
Cannabis factory found at old Edgware Police Station - Harrow Online 😅😅 https://t.co/3xW3poeocQ— Cobra (@HAHA__LOLOL) April 2, 2022
2. I've no idea what this tweet says, but the pictures of the terraces at Edgware Town FC are evocative (actually I ran it through the Turkish/English translator and its says "White lion ground stadium vacated by edgware town, one of the english regional league teams, in 2008. The club currently uses the higher capacity silver jubilee park stadium."
ingiltere bölgesel lig takımlarından edgware town'un 2008 yılında boşalttığı white lion ground stadyumu.— britanya kafası (@britanyakafasi) March 31, 2022
kulüp şu anda daha yüksek kapasiteli silver jubilee park stadyumunu kullanıyor. pic.twitter.com/6VNJDAahDw
3. a date for your diary if you live in Colindale and like folk music
Mon 11th April - Skinner & T'witch(@SkinnerTwitch) will be performing at @ColindaleFolk @ChandosArmsPub. https://t.co/KJvR0vZxtZ Free entry, friendly pub. The floor spots start at 8:30 p.m. pic.twitter.com/9gzjIQIyvo— Colindale Folk Club (@ColindaleFolk) April 2, 2022
4. A decent local historical tweet. Also a reminder that protesting does work. Women only achieved this after a long campaign for voting rights
Hendon & Finchley Times 20/12/1918. Hendon Independent candidate Mrs How-Martyn: "Saturday was doubly noteworthy for women as not only could they vote but could vote for a woman. It was a satisfaction and delight to see women pouring into polling stations" https://t.co/4L5LCapYPw pic.twitter.com/XlEx7WFORs— SaveHendon 🍃💚🍃 (@SaveHendon) April 3, 2022
5. A nice bit of local history from Cricklewood.
6. Did you know of the important role Cricklewood played in the development of electronic music. Funny to think that at the time this was super state of the art!
#ChurchStudioTech A legend of the synth world - The Synthi, VCS III and Cricklewood have featured on many eclectic records over the years. Marketed as the first portable modular synthesizer, it soon became a collector's item as demand for this iconic piece of machinery grew. pic.twitter.com/eiJXZxNmtJ— The Church Studios (@ChurchStudios) March 31, 2022
7. I love the effort Lou puts into her Hadley tweeting. You have to smile. Yesterdays win was probably one of the best second halfs I've ever seen, and yes, Solomon Ofori is a legend
8. Nice pic!
East Finchley N2, glorious… pic.twitter.com/tLYz9i257e— Jon Cooper (@jon_cooper75) April 2, 2022
9. And we love a nice Sunset!
10. Want a souvinir of a British Music legend for free!
Get your free copy of the @john_otway 5,000th gig memorial paper in studio reception. One day you may even be selling it on eBay for millions (or not). Drop by and pick one up pic.twitter.com/tKLfE68VOs— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) April 1, 2022
That's all folks!