Friday 16 May 2014

The Friday Joke - 16/5/2014



My neighbour was working in his garden when he was startled by a  late model car that came crashing  through his hedge and ended up in his front lawn.

He rushed to help an elderly lady driver out of the car and sat her down  on a garden chair.

He said with excitement, "You appear quite elderly to be driving.Well, yes, I am," she replied proudly. 
"I'll be 97 next month, and I am now old enough not to need a driver's   licence anymore."

"You don't need a driver's licence anymore?!?"

That's right! The last time I went to my doctor, he examined me and  asked if I had a driver's licence.

I told him 'yes' and handed it to him. He took scissors out of the drawer,  cut the licence into pieces, and threw them in the waste basket, saying, 'You won't need this anymore'.   So I thanked him and left!"

No comments: