Tuesday 5 July 2011

Barnet Eye Scoop : Has Nick Walkley got a double ?

Of all the strange rumours I've heard since I've been running the Barnet Eye, I've just been told the strangest of the lot. Following my blog yesterday about Nick Walkleys knowledge of the Barnet Punk Rock scene, one of the guys who plays in my mate Rick's band (the Bollock Brothers) has called to tell me that the CEO of Barnet Nick Walkley, is moonlighting working behind the bar at punk rock gigs in Hoxton. Is it possible that the CEO (annual salary £200,000) of Barnet really has to suppliment his income in this way? Anyway I asked the question "So you asked if it was Nick?". My friend replied "erm, no but if he's not  him he's his double".

So the question is this Nick or his double? I've told my friend that next time he sees Nicks doppleganger in Hoxton to ring me and I'll be round straight away for a few pictures. It is one of Barnets worst kept secrets that Nick Walkley, as well as being an avid reader of the Barnet Eye, is a punk rock fan. On the election night last year, he suggested that we have a pint and a chat about punk rock sometime.

It is clear that this is one mystery which must be cleared up. It throws up two rather interesting possibilities. If Nick has a doppleganger, maybe we could persuade him to nip into Barnet Council and cancel the Easybarnet program, whilst the real Nick is in the loo. On the other hand, if it is the real Nick Walkley moonlighting serving the beers, I'm pleased that he's got another string to his bow, when the whole Easycouncil sham is eventually exposed for the crock of shite it is and he needs another job.

Of course there is a third possibility, that the Bollock Brothers (notorious wind up merchants) are having a laugh, but lets face it, it's a great story isn't it.

Watch this space. We will solve the mystery.

No comments: