Sunday 17 July 2011

Burnt Oak Murder : Tim Jones of The Hendon Times responds to the Barnet Eye

The assistant editor of the Hendon Times & associated papers took exception to my previous blog (job done then). He posted the following points on Twitter re the previous blog here. This is what he said :-
  

Tim Jones
»
Tim Jones
»
Tim Jones
»
Tim Jones
 
--------------------------------
He makes one valid point, yes it would be good to publicise the police number. Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 0208 358 0100, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. 
 
So on to his other points. He sulkily claims I should have acknowledged the Times yesterday (not that they ever acknowledge us when they nick our stories). Well I found out about the story via the radio and my own trip to the fishmonger in Burnt Oak. I mentioned the Times coverage in passing. Nothing featured in his story which I used for what I wrote, having been aware of the facts via BBC London 94.9. I thought the coverage yesterday was Ok. Mr Jones accuses me of not knowing a fact when I see one, re the allegation that the address was a brothel. This is rather interesting and shows a poor grasp of English on his part, as his own story states that the police considered the issue of the property being a brothel to be a theory (according to his own story). I may be thick and dyslexic, but in my book a Theory and a Fact are two completely different things.

For the absence of doubt, I object to the story posted  today, which I placed a link to the Times website on, specifying my reasons why.  Mr Jones is free to say what he likes about this blog, but for the second time today, I find myself wishing that he was rather more circumspect in his comments. I am rather pleased that he has at last admitted that people should acknowledge their sources though.  I typed Barneteye into the Times search engine and didn't find a single credit, just two stories about me which came up as well as a readers letter.
Anyway, his tweets are here. Make up your own mind

No comments: